FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Stephen
I've heard on the grapevine that the new McLaren is somewhat unreliable, due to this do you think we'll see a repeat of last year, with Renault being strong during the first half of the year, only for the Woking based team to get it together later on?

It's probably to early to say, I suppose the V8 introduction may mix up the field - who knows, it is possible (although reasonably unlikely) that the teams on top last year may be struggling for points this season!
By R00DIT
I've heard on the grapevine that the new McLaren is somewhat unreliable,

Again!!!! I do hope not, i'd like to see McLaren win this season. They kind of deserved it last year, but screwed up...

Think someone elsewhere on the site mentioned mixing up due to the v8 and i can well agree, the v10 restricted engines are gonna be interesting too. :shock:
By Freddie
Hmmm, isn't it a bit too early anyway to take these rumourts too seriously ? They all play some sort of poker right now, leaking just the kind of information they want the competitors to receive :wink:
By Marco
Hmmm, isn't it a bit too early anyway to take these rumourts too seriously ? They all play some sort of poker right now, leaking just the kind of information they want the competitors to receive :wink:

Misinformation, you have to luv it. I really hope it's just that and nothing more. But if i were a team owner, im not sure it would make a lot of difference, you plan to win, not hope to win with your competitors suffering problems.
By Selcouth_Feline
Norbert Haug has admitted that the V8 engine isn't where they wanted it to be and they aren't confident that the problems will be fixed by Bahrain....looks like another year of engine woes for McLaren *sigh*
By Freddie
Well, if they hadn't had reliability problems last year they would have been absolutely superior and the season would nt hav been as exciting as it was

But I really do hope they get that under control. What kind of advertising is that for Mercedes if they cannot produce reliable engines as one of the leading car manufacturers in the world ?

I am glad I am driving an Audi :mrgreen:
By Stephen
I am glad I am driving an Audi :mrgreen:

Well Vorsprung durch Technik to you too! ;) But that raises an interesting question, with their Le Mans success I wonder if they'd ever be up for taking on F1? :?:
By Freddie
Actually, I have been wondering when they would enter F1. Probably when they get tired of beating everybody in the Le Mans series ;-)
By R00DIT

TDI F1 car? Ok, silly idea.
By Marco
Nice motor, but have you seen the Audi Le Mans road car? :shock:
By simac
Audi have close links to RedBull, particularly in DTM. I read an article a while ago about Audi eventually taking over the Redbull F1 team - i'll try to find it, was an interesting read !

Also, with F1 it is well known that you are unlikely to turn up as a new team and win. You might never win a race, at best it could take 2 or 3 seasons. I think this would make it difficult for Audi to enter because of their reputation.

I think Ford got a shock with Jag as they probably expected to win at some point but as we know it is a struggle and these big corporates have to consider the implications this would have on the brand.
By Freddie
Nice motor, but have you seen the Audi Le Mans road car? :shock:

No, is there a road car version of that ?
By Karen S
Hmm well if Mercedes are having problems and Ferrari were running nowhere at the Bahrain test.... Roll on RBR to be World Champs this season LOL ( ok ok I can only wish - DC just to get a win will suit me JUST fine !!! :D

See our F1 related articles too!