FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
Jeez, helluva lot of work still to be done...

If anyone can do it fast, Americans can.

You mean the illegal Mexican and South American immigrants can. A lot of Americans think the work magically gets done on it's own.

Who built the pyramids?

it's always the immigrants or the slaves.

Is there a difference? :twisted:

But of course. Slaves aren't free to leave, immigrants don't want to leave.

Hm, there are many that can't leave either due to all kinds of reasons.

EDIT: darned autocorrect, that was supposed to say goddess. :wink:
And on the other hand, slaves can always try to escape.

Would one of those reasons be... due to being locked in a dungeon by some creepy dudedess? :whip:

Possibly :whip::twisted:
Word on the street in Elroy is that construction (which is already fairly busy) is gonna be picking up significantly after New Years....so I'm guessing they're getting another distribution of cash a la the one they got in October between the two work stoppages.

Here are a bunch of new photos taken today by my buddy Vance at Friends of Formula 1 Austin Texas on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 878&type=1

Here's a sample. Enjoy:

Looks like they've also begun night work on the pit building:

Here are a few additional pics and I have a friend in Austin who will be going there today to checkout progress. The abruptness and pace in the build can only be viewed as there will eventually be a USGP in Austin or other significant series races.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Very true but alot of people are getting the feeling that NJ will atleast get one race simply because Bernie likes all the pretty lights in Time Square and the track is only 40min's away by car and 20min's by chopper.

The next 6 months will be very interesting.
I'll be excited for the Austin circuit, when it gets here and it hosts its first GP. Maybe it's a defense mechanism preemptively built in, to excuse our potential failure to build a new GP circuit when Korea and India have both already completed their task on time. Inexplicably though, I'm excited about the NJ GP now. Guess which one would draw the biggest crowd?
Here are a few of the new photos posted on our FB page at Friends of Formula 1 Austin Texas. There are more here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Friends-of-Formula-1-Austin-Texas/157330087614878

Looking down from Turn 1 to the front straight and the pit building/main grandstand complex:

Looking east from the main straight at the pit building:

Looking from the pit building area (left) up the front straight toward Turn 1:

Turn 10, from just above Turn 11, with cranes in the distance work on the pit building:

A closer shot of Turn 10. This may be my favorite Turn on the circuit. Should be very interesting:

You can somewhat make out some of the stadium complex of turns and T15-17 here where the white flags are. This is also shot from over near Turn 11. Notice the elevation change from there down to the main straight (where the cranes are):

Track in the foreground, downtown Austin in the back:

Concrete work being done on the main grandstand:

See our F1 related articles too!