Bahrain Grand Prix
8%
Nick Heidfeld
No votes
0%
Jenson Button pitting in the Red Bull garage at Shanghai
6%
By f1ea
yeh by his standards its his worst year in f1 so far, but hes still outdriven the car and given us some excitment in an otherwise vet-hell year, felipe gets fail of the year for me just for going all year without a podium

How can you say Hamilton outdrove his car... when his teammate finished 2nd in the WDC and he got like 7 penalties??

Lewis had a +/- yr. I'd say he was better than Webber and Massa. THEY were terrible... Lewis was just poor.
By bud
Still he had 3 wins and the only non Redbull pole. Can't be called fail of the year, he had a bad year by his standards but it proves his fans and foes alike agree his standards are high .
By scotty
Virgin underlined why i voted for them last time out. I feel sorry for Timo Glock...
By andrew
yeh by his standards its his worst year in f1 so far, but hes still outdriven the car and given us some excitment in an otherwise vettel year, felipe gets fail of the year for me just for going all year without a podium

Fixed your dodgy spelling.
Virgin underlined why i voted for them last time out. I feel sorry for Timo Glock...

:yes:

I remember when he scored points on his debut in a Jordan back in Montreal '04, and he was also strong in the Toyota, so I bet he's none-too-pleased with his current team's form at the moment.
By lauf1
The person who voted for HRT isn't a true F1 fan. I'm sorry, but out of all the teams on the grid, I have most respect for them. They have nothing - no money, very little resources, and Spain isn't a country renound for its excellent Automotive Engineering industry, they didn't even do testing, and so many peopl thought they would fail to qualify for half the grand prixs (everyone seemingly forgot they beat virgin racing in the WCC in 2010), and yet with that nothingness, they managed to build a car that is capable of doing decently! If you gave McLaren or Ferrari or Red Bull the amount of money HRT have, their cars would be nowhere near the pace of the HRT! And once again, they've beaten virgin racing who have millions and millions and millions on pounds of monies and resources from beardy Bransons pocket. Big respect to HRT, because they bloody well deserve it.

Anyway, my fail is Felipe. I don't know why 8 people have voted Lewis and only one more Felipe when Lewis has won three races this season and got podiums. Vitaly Petrov and Nick Heidfeld, who isn't even in the sport anymore, have got more podiums then Felipe. Nando has won a race so it's not a case of the car being off pace. Felipe has had two and a half years now - it's been hard on him, but two and a half years is a long time, he can't use his accident as an excuse anymore. Driving a Ferrari and not getting a single podium all year - he should be disappointed and I think he should quit now - quit whilst he's ahead. It's what he keeps telling Rubio, but he should take some of his own advice, because I don't think he's gonna get any better, and to spend another year not getting podiums is a Ferrari is just going to make him look awful, which is not what he should be remembered for. I don't want to see that of any driver.
Anyway, my fail is Felipe. I don't know why 8 people have voted Lewis and only one more Felipe when Lewis has won three races this season and got podiums.

It won't be just 1 more if you click Felipe Massa in the poll above! :wink:

Anyway, my fail is Felipe. I don't know why 8 people have voted Lewis and only one more Felipe when Lewis has won three races this season and got podiums.

Safe to say these 8 are simply trolling...or just stupid. :wink:
Its a FAIL of the Year thread. Not FAIL of your expectations. Based on how the drivers performed relative to one another.
I voted for Williams ,I suppose it was a bit biased on the grounds I hate them

Well, they are candidates for this poll anyway. Hope they turn out much stronger in 2012 though.
People can vote for what they like, it's not for other to dictate what people vote for. :rolleyes:

True, though no one's dictating here...just commenting. Quit tripping.

See our F1 related articles too!