FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By darwin dali
A new identity for the Woking based Formula One team will be unveiled in January of next year, McLaren Mercedes announced on Monday.

The three day presentation, including the car livery design for new title sponsor Vodafone, is scheduled for January 14-16 at the Valencia circuit in Spain.

"Further details will follow in due course," a media advisory read.

Team Principal Ron Dennis told reporters at the Chinese Grand Prix earlier this month: "We are going to move our team in a slightly different direction (in 2007)."

Shrubby, this must hurt :wink:
By Stephen
I used to support McLaren, but this season i've lost confidence in the Woking based team. Obviously I don't know the exact characteristics of their car, but they have completely failed to position themselves well on the grid, usually going too conservative in qualifying and landing up behind slower cars.

In the races where they have chosen to take an aggressive stance, such as Monaco, they have performed well - excluding the reliability issues of course. And with Alonso going there next year, I think I'll be taking my loyalties to Ferrari with Kimi. :wink:
By darwin dali
I've always had a soft spot for Sauber, so I might look at BMW-Sauber (I used to ride a K100 back in Europe;-)
Kubica looks promising, good old Nick may finally come thru in a big way, Sebastian Vettel could be the next F1 star. Just today, Peter Sauber reveiled that he actually gave the 150k check to Eddie Jordan for MS's F1 debut.
And never underestimate BMW power and expertise.
By bud
they wont throw away all the money and effort put into the chrome paint job. do you guys know how much that is to buy for a street car? ive seen attempts where extra layer apon layer is needed and even then to get it looking perfect is very hard! Mclarens paint boys are probably the best on the grid first to bring airbrushing and now chrome.
im sure there will be more red but i rekn it will still be mostly chrome!
By bud

spyshot by marca newspaper in spain.
By Selcouth_Feline
Supposedly for a new TV commercial with de la Rosa at the wheel, although it's meant to be one of the 2006 cars with a new paint job :)
By bud
Yeah it is the MP421 the 22 hasnt seen the light of day or felt the tar of a track yet!

i dont think this will be what the 07 livery will be though,
By certom
right, this is just a car that Vodafone used to do a new commercial.
anyway, it takes about 6 days to do the chrome livery, it's a real hard work, the second most difficult livery to do is the toro rosso one, that it seems to me that takes about 3 days of work!

See our F1 related articles too!