FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
The little professor's objective was always to win the race with the slowest speed possible.

Yeah aka behind the scenes with papa Balestre instead of on track.

Heh.
The little professor's objective was always to win the race with the slowest speed possible.

Heh.

do you mind not letting a support thread have that vagabond convict ruin it with these constant remarks???

Heh.

do you mind not letting a support thread have that vagabond convict ruin it with these constant remarks???

Vagabond convinct? Care to enlighten ?
Always been a big fan of the Prost style of driving. Shame the rivalry with Senna and the Brazilians untimely demise means that Alain Prost doesnt always get the credit he deserves.

Even the most ardent Senna fan should recognise that Ayrton went after Prost in such a big way because he was in no doubt who was his biggest rival.
Always been a big fan of the Prost style of driving. Shame the rivalry with Senna and the Brazilians untimely demise means that Alain Prost doesnt always get the credit he deserves.

Even the most ardent Senna fan should recognise that Ayrton went after Prost in such a big way because he was in no doubt who was his biggest rival.

Not the person Senna treasured racing against most though...... he took most satisfaction racing against Terry Fullerton back in his karting days.

Not the person Senna treasured racing against most though...... he took most satisfaction racing against Terry Fullerton back in his karting days.

I'm not surprised, Prost whupped his bottom a few times too many! :rofl:

Ah, I couldn't resist. I know, I'm a terrible person and I'm going to hell when I die. I don't care, it's warmer and there's less chance of being hit by geese, areoplanes or heelicopters as they zoom through my cloud. :D

Makes you wonder what could have been if Fullerton made it to F1.
Prost was obviously a great driver, when you see how close he came to another 2 or three titles, he could have been on 7 before schumi did it.
Given how obsessed Senna was with beating Prost in F1, it was interesting to see that Fullerton quote, maybe it was partly another jibe at Prost for Senna to name someone else as his most satisfying rival
Prost was obviously a great driver, when you see how close he came to another 2 or three titles, he could have been on 7 before schumi did it.
Given how obsessed Senna was with beating Prost in F1, it was interesting to see that Fullerton quote, maybe it was partly another jibe at Prost for Senna to name someone else as his most satisfying rival

Um no he said it was pure racing, no politics no favouring just man vs man which made it more satisfying. Prost wasn't satisfying to compete against because he used politics to try and beat Senna. Couldn't beat him without it.
Prost never won a world title without a world champion driver as a teammate.

Rosberg
Lauda
Senna, yes, Senna
Hill

I that isnt the mark of the greatest driver of all time then i dont know what is

Beat Senna both years at Mclaren points wise, sure in 88 the system was different so Senna won that fair thats cool, but he still beat him in what is the most common method of determining whos better, and has decided 99 percent of all championships, once can be passed as a fluke, twice.........

Well i know which one id want to get my team a title.

He was also runner up on FOUR different occasions, that is almost an 8 time world champion,

Then he won a world title in 86 despite the williams driven by Piquet and Mansell, four world titles between them, having the superior car.

There isnt a driver in the history of F1 that can boast these things. For Prost to win One in every four races in his whole career, against Senna, Piquet, Lauda, Hill, Mansell, Rosberg needs no further explanation.
Sorry FRAFF but at the time Hill wasn't world champion,he was a rookie :D

I know but i didnt want to get all Prost beat......3.4 champion to be's and 5.7 two time champions and all funny,

i meant as of the present, as i said so, he never won a title without having a teammate that isnt a champion, which is true.

Hardly a damning point either way,

Forgot to add he also won titles whilst schumacher was racing.
Senna, yes, Senna

Only beat him via politics at the Japanese GP, Senna beat him there where it mattered: on track. Prost needed Balestres intervention to get the 89 title. That is a fact.

See our F1 related articles too!