FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Dedicated to technical discussion...
The same threat over and over can only work so many times.

Yes, indeed! How many times has LDM threatened to pull out of F1 now? I'm willing to put hard cash down that if these new regulations had worked for Ferrari; LDM would be silent!

I wouldn't waste your cash just yet. The days of Ferrari favours were under MrM but MrT is a different kettle of fish. All Ferrari can do is put the cat among teh FOTA pigeons andget things changed that way. They don't have the home number of the FIA President anymore.

Every time Ferrari threaten to leave and then promptly don't it makes their threat look even more hollow. I say teh FIA should call their bluff, wave 2 fingers at Ferrari and tell them "Don't let teh door hit you on the way out". F1 will survive without Ferrari.

However, I have to agree with LDM on this one. F1 is getting too complex and a a back to basics approach would improve the racing, but it won't happen. The agruement for the vast amount of technology is far too strong to be swept under the tyre warmer and ignored. LDM will know this (he ain't no mug!) so I guess this is just posturing. I expect more teams to come out with statements in a similar vein during teh Concorde Agreement negotiations.
Because Mr Todt has never had anything to do with Ferrari.

Your right though F1 is complicated. 'er indoors trys to show an interest in it every now and then, and will ask a question which takes about 5 or 6 generations of answers to answer. Like "What is the problem with a blown diffuser?" which is followed by "So what was wrong with the double diffuser?" and so on
I hope fferrari stay in the Formula1 as they as i think now, are back in the Title race with redbull, and they also have my favourite driver F Alonso.

:hehe: Ferrari will never leave F1, have no fear. They've come out with quit threats before, it's nothing new, they just want things their way. But they're too proud to ever leave the sport in which they are both high profile and hugely successful.
"The steering wheel is now a computer covered in buttons"...

that part is good.

It's good yes, but why the use of the word "now"? It's been covered in buttons for a long time now. Has he only just noticed?? :rolleyes:
"The steering wheel is now a computer covered in buttons"...

that part is good.

It's good yes, but why the use of the word "now"? It's been covered in buttons for a long time now. Has he only just noticed?? :rolleyes:

Yes, but it has gone overboard now. The younger drivers with Playstations and Xboxes are managing fine but OAP's like Barrichello, who is used to an EDSAC, are struggling. :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!