FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
Hmm. I much prefer BBC to ITV, but ITV is way more preferable than SKY. I fear it will be SKY. I'll have a dilema because i dont subscribe to SKY nor do i really want to :(

No, it could never go to pay per view, the sponsors would leave in droves. Sky were just looking to boost their share price and sniff out the market for any potential investors with some clever media articles.

The BBC coverage is getting better every week. I love all the new animations and the way they present their features, absolute world class. I just hope we never loose the BBC, they are the cat's whiskers.

:yes::yes:
Remember the BBC sell there commentary all over the world, hopefully that brings in a little income to off set Bernies fees. As for them not bidding for it after 2012, is this confirmed by the BBC or just hearsay?

For me as a licence payer I pretty much only watch F1, Eastenders (sometimes) Family Guy and listen to Radio one, so for £120 a year, I'm paying £21 for f1 and the rest is for Radio one, Eastenders and Family guy, for my sort of demograph F1 is excellent value for money.
Remember the BBC sell there commentary all over the world, hopefully that brings in a little income to off set Bernies fees.

I was thinking that, too.
Does anybody have some data, stats on this? How many/which countries? How much do they pay the BBC for it?
Remember the BBC sell there commentary all over the world, hopefully that brings in a little income to off set Bernies fees.

I was thinking that, too.
Does anybody have some data, stats on this? How many/which countries? How much do they pay the BBC for it?

Well I know Indonesia/Malaysia take the commentary, i was once dying to watch the F1 whilst in Medane (Sumartra) and stumbled across it on some random Channel, with MB on the commentary, was amazing!

See our F1 related articles too!