FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By expo
Hi all, long time F1 fan, first time poster :D

My fiance and i are off to Japan in a few weeks and will be going to the Japanese grand prix, all very exciting.

I wondered if any of you were going or if you knew of any websites where i could meet other people from the UK that may be travelling out there for the race. As i've never been to a grand prix before let alone the japanese one it would be handy to find out more about the site, how it all works, how to get about, etc and possibly meet up with other brits there.

I've just got this paranoia i'll be sat there watching it, surrounded by people that don't speak english, not sure what's happening until the flag drops and i can see who's on the podium.

Thanks for any help you can give. I'm really looking forward to it. I've always wanted to go to a grand prix and i've always wanted to go to Japan!
By Selcouth_Feline
Hello, welcome :)
Can't offer any advice as I've not been to a GP yet (going to Monaco next season though, yay!!). Are you sure you're off to Suzuka, as I thought it was going to be Fuji next season? (I know it's not strictly speaking confirmed as yet! And I may have the wrong end of the stick...it happens a lot ;) ).

Anyway, welcome to the forum!!

SF
By expo
er.. i'm going to THIS seasons Suzuka grand prix :shock: October 8th 2006.

I'll actually be in Japan for the Chinese grand prix too so hopefully i'll find a bar somewhere in tokyo showing an english speaking version of it hehe.

Thanks for the welcome. :D

Can anyone else help?
By bud
I cant help either been to about 13 australian GPs but im australian, :P never been to one abroad!

maybe go onto F1live.com on their forum and see if any brits on there are going!

check out the suzuka site for some info http://www.suzukacircuit.com/
By expo
there's very little info on the suzuka circuit website. It's rubbish. Really doesn't help anyone going there at all. I'll check out F1Live.com though, cheers.
By Stephen
So expo, how was it? Can we blame you for Michael's engine failure? :P

If you would like some of your pictures uploaded, let me know.
By expo
Hey all!! Back from Japan and wow what an amazing 17 days i've had!

My Fiance and i did loads of travel diaries on our website http://www.mattanddebz.com so check them out. It's all in reverse order of course but well worth checking out

As for the Grand prix it was absolutely mind blowing. Not only because all 3 days was fantastic, entertaining anda hell of an experience but also because we got to go in the McLaren garage on the Saturday, after qualifying, watch them dismantle kimi's car right in front of us. Then take a walk up and down the pits checking out the other garages and Parc Ferme. An amazing experience I'll never forget and hopefully be able to do again at future grand prix.

Anyway here are the links to the 3 blogs you'll all want to read the most

Japanese Grand Prix Friday Practice

Japanese Grand Prix Qualifying

Japanse Grand Prix 2006 Race

There's also a video of Friday Practice on youtube.com. I'll be making another for qually and race some point soon.

You'll also want to check out our Japan Holiday photo album which contains photos of all 3 days including some i took in the pits. When you see a large image click on it for an even more detailed look!

I especially like this one of Pole position man Massa's car being inspected before going to Parc Ferme

Anyway loads of info and stuff for you to get your teeth stuck into... And yes it was us that made Shumi drop out. My Fiance claims a piece of her dead skin must have floated off and got into his engine when we walked past the garage!

:lol:
Last edited by expo on 10 Oct 06, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.
By Selcouth_Feline
Some great pics :)
You are really lucky to have got the VIP passes...!! :D
By bud
who do you know to get into pit lane?

cheers for the pics :D
By expo
Just a friend of a friend :wink:
By darwin dali
Is she cute?
By expo
I'm a very shallow person.. so.. yes 8)
By darwin dali
Here's hope you got much deeper with her. 8)
By expo
er.. pardon?

I'm sure my fiance would like that!
By darwin dali
Oh, so she's not as shallow and wants you deeper? :twisted:

See our F1 related articles too!