FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Smokestoomuch
In all honesty all can believe whatever you want.

Some one asked the question, I tried to answer it - initially as simply as I could but then I find that someone else is explaining what I mean, and doing it badly at that - when I try to correct it I'm told that I'm saying that entering a corner too fast, is in fact, the same as accelerating too hard!

I haven't watched it again since Sunday morning, but it was obvious at the time because the car was way out from the kerb when it lost the back end, then spun round and was still positioned away from the kerb when he started going again.
Last edited by Smokestoomuch on 09 Oct 06, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.
By Irv the Swerve
Then overcooked is the wrong word that you are using for your explaination.
What you are saying smokestoomuch is just a spin.
By Smokestoomuch
Fair enough on that, overcooked is an extremely general term - I would say equivalent to "over-clubbed" in golf - i.e. using a 2 wood when a 3 would have done and so overshooting the green - however I freely concede that not everyone will interpret it the same way. That isn't to say that it can universally be considered a synonym for "too much accelerator"
By Irv the Swerve
i know what you are getting at but using too much accelerator too early is what im getting at.
By Smokestoomuch
And what I'm getting at is that that isn't the case, unless you're now trying to say that you mean one corner earlier, which I think from the context it is clear that you don't.

You are, or at least were suggesting, the TR driver put his foot down too early and/or too hard coming out of the corner. I say if that wsas the case the traction control (TC) would have detected wheel spin and reduced the power to prevent the car spinning. Unless there is a TC malfunction a spin can't be caused by too power too early, and as we didn't see lots of shots of a TR spinning round and round I'd say that didn't happen.
By Irv the Swerve
Not all the time that the tc kicks in and reduces the power its something that can happen. I was only explaining the term overcooked to certom, ive seen what happened and youre right in that sense, ok :?
By bud
over cooking is when you leave something in the oven too long certom dont listen to them

See our F1 related articles too!