FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By FRAFPDD
You see it as a big call but I don't. That's why this is a forum.

I'm just saying that what you said was confusing to me mate,

Basing Alonso losing in 2010 to dominant cars and a pit call blunder as reason to suggest he wont win again doesnt make sense to me that's all.
By Hammer278
The main reason is I see Ferrari not really reaching top level again for some time to come. And I personally believe Alonso is no longer a driver at his prime. He's still bloody good but just not good enough anymore. There's too much competition around and too much talent. When he won Championships, he only had 2 or 3 competitors like Michael, Kimi, and maybe Montoya at times. Today there's at least 5 drivers capable of beating him on their good days. And today nearly everyone brings their A game all the time, it's a fantastic field of racers we have today.
By vlad
He can still produce fantastic races, but, I think Vettel and Hamilton have risen above him.
By Besson
if Alonso hadn't mistakenly bashed into Hamilton in Malaysia and had to pit nobody would be questioning his ability as he would currently be comfortably ahead of Massa, as it is he followed that with a very average performance in China (possibly due to the hurried new part testing in practice leaving him without a decent setup), which maybe makes things seem a little worse than they really are.

Say we had the 3 week break after Malaysia and just after Hamiltons apparent poor performance. f1 forums (not here obviously) would be questioning HIS abilities instead of Alonso's, as it was he came back the next race and showed it was a one off and won a well deserved win.

People are way too reactionary and far too eager to criticize after a disappointing performace especially when there's a long time until the next one. Alonso is as good as ever and when he gets the chance he will prove it just like Hamilton just did.
By darwin dali
if Alonso hadn't mistakenly bashed into Hamilton in Malaysia and had to pit nobody would be questioning his ability as he would currently be comfortably ahead of Massa, as it is he followed that with a very average performance in China (possibly due to the hurried new part testing in practice leaving him without a decent setup), which maybe makes things seem a little worse than they really are.

Say we had the 3 week break after Malaysia and just after Hamiltons apparent poor performance. f1 forums (not here obviously) would be questioning HIS abilities instead of Alonso's, as it was he came back the next race and showed it was a one off and won a well deserved win.

People are way too reactionary and far too eager to criticize after a disappointing performace especially when there's a long time until the next one. Alonso is as good as ever and when he gets the chance he will prove it just like Hamilton just did.

FYI:
reactionary:
of, pertaining to, marked by, or favoring reaction, especially extreme conservatism or rightism in politics; opposing political or social change.

I think you mean 'reactive' instead :wink:
By vlad
People believe in everything nowdays...
By F1er

Yes! Even Rubens! He must be a fanboy :hehe:

Q: If you were a team boss, which current driver would you pick first for your team (excluding yourself and your current team mate)?
RB: I am a fan of Lewis Hamilton and I would like to see Robert Kubica alongside him. I think that could be a great driver line-up.

http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews ... 11975.html
By LewEngBridewell

Yes! Even Rubens! He must be a fanboy :hehe:

Q: If you were a team boss, which current driver would you pick first for your team (excluding yourself and your current team mate)?
RB: I am a fan of Lewis Hamilton and I would like to see Robert Kubica alongside him. I think that could be a great driver line-up.

http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews ... 11975.html

And the dear old chap is right! It would be a great lineup 8-)
By vlad
While Vettel keeps winning! :twisted:
By F1er
F1 is not Cycling where everyone has the same bike,if it was Lewis would dominate everyone,including Vettel :whip:
By vlad
Dreaming... Such a lovely activity... :twisted:
By Bubbie
Lewis is a better racer... Vettel is a better driver.

What I mean by this is that Lewis can wring the most out of a car. Take chances and most of the time those chances pay off. He can make a car do amazing things and pass people you wouldn't think he could.

Vettel is a better driver in that he can get a perfect lap out of the car on command. Vettel is able to be pinpoint perfect during a qualifying lap and also pull out really quick laps in the race when needed. His racecraft needs some work and I fear he won't hone this skill until he has a chance to run in the middle of the pack some more.
By LewEngBridewell
Vettel is a better driver in that he can get a perfect lap out of the car on command. Vettel is able to be pinpoint perfect during a qualifying lap and also pull out really quick laps in the race when needed. His racecraft needs some work and I fear he won't hone this skill until he has a chance to run in the middle of the pack some more.

Sounds similar to Michael Schumacher. And he is currently undergoing that middle-pack process :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!