Sutil
No votes
0%
Kobayashi
11%
Other - please state!
No votes
0%
Last season was full of so many great drivers: vettel drove brilliantly throughout and was hampered by much bad luck, hamilton may have made mistakes like everyone else but he only finished 16 points behind vettel and 2 behind webber who had far better cars. Kobayashi, like hamilton, was entertaining and daring, while jenson performed better than i expected. kubica, of course, was absolute quality, and who can forget hulkenberg's pole in brazil? Even fernando alonso, who i hate, drove very well.

Overall, however, my driver of the season was Nico Rosberg. He drove consistently and deserves more recognition and a race win. He finsihed above kubica in what i feel was a roughly equal car, even if michael battered petrov. rosberg himself battered schumi and almost beat massa, who was admittedly poor. I can't remember him making a mistake to go out of a race so he was my driver of the season.
By Jensonb
The problem with picking a driver of the season is that last year, and by extension this year, has easily one of the most preposterously competitive and absurdly talented lineups of all time. The current top-flight are so uniformly good, it's inconceivable that any of them will ever touch Schumacher for WDCs, not because none of them are in his league, but rather because almost all of them are.
By Hammer278
Last season was full of so many great drivers: vettel drove brilliantly throughout and was hampered by much bad luck, hamilton may have made mistakes like everyone else but he only finished 16 points behind vettel and 2 behind webber who had far better cars. Kobayashi, like hamilton, was entertaining and daring, while jenson performed better than i expected. kubica, of course, was absolute quality, and who can forget hulkenberg's pole in brazil? Even fernando alonso, who i hate, drove very well.

Overall, however, my driver of the season was Nico Rosberg. He drove consistently and deserves more recognition and a race win. He finsihed above kubica in what i feel was a roughly equal car, even if michael battered petrov. rosberg himself battered schumi and almost beat massa, who was admittedly poor. I can't remember him making a mistake to go out of a race so he was my driver of the season.

This is quite a good assessment. :yes:
By texasmr2
I agree Nico was awesome last season and I can't wait till he gets his first win.
Yup, I'd have had Rosberg as driver of the season last year without a doubt. Consistently in the points, at many races being ahead of at least one of the championship contenders, comprehensively ahead of his team mate, and all in a sub-par car. I would love to see either Mercedes develop to give him a championship calibre car, or to see him move to McLaren / Red Bull sometime in the future to see what he can really do, and also to see how well he really does stand up to the big boys! I suspect he would hold his own without a problem.
By f1ea
went for Vetellle...... it's hard not to think he was anything but amazing. Made some mistakes + failures but kept his head.... when he was top, he was top; no looking back.

although i dont think he's the best driver yet.....
By bud
Well - I thought I'd be the only one who voted Vettel - turns out I'm not.

It was a close call between him and Alonso tbh. But if only he didn't have those mechanical failures. The more I read into his mistakes the more I see they weren't completely his fault.

Turkey - he was expecting Mark to give way, Hungary - radio failed, Belgium - Front wing failed. (in many people's opinions)

Turkey and Hungary he looked certain to win

Youre kidding right? Certain to win Turkey? Front wing failed in Belgium? both were driver error on his behalf!

And to think the guy who led the title chase for most of the season has no votes. I dont know what that says about scoring the most points up until the last couple of races or about the voters on here :wink:
By f1ea
And to think the guy who led the title chase for most of the season has no votes. I dont know what that says about scoring the most points up until the last couple of races or about the voters on here :wink:

thats because he had the best car!! :P:twisted:

See our F1 related articles too!