FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By darwin dali
I'm a bit older and have followed F1 since I was about 7 (which was in the late 60s). So, I've seen many drivers come and go. Nobody has come even close to Schumi's level of racing skills and professionalism. There is no doubt in my mind that he IS the greatest driver ever in F1 and it has nothing to do with me being a Ferrari fan - I'm not, my allegiances have always been with drivers, not with teams.
By Irv the Swerve
I must be the youngest on the forum just behind certom, and i can remember.. as far back as 96 when hill won it, ive seen mika winning it so i wasnt a schuey fan if he was winning titles, so that answers that.
By Smokestoomuch
I often wonder if it's the same as with successful teams in others sports that attract a legion of lifelong fans - as long as they win - Do the countless Schumacher "fans" have any interest in F1 at all or do they just want to associate themselves with winners.

I'm always amazed that true Ferrari fans like Schumacher - Ferrari are the oldest team still running in F1 and are one of longest established teams in any sport. Enzo created a a truly amazing team.

Why then would a true Ferrari fan want to see and support Schumacher dragging their name through the mud? Trying to ram Villeneuve off the track hardly covers them in glory, and the Monaco parking then lying about his engine stalling just made them a laughing stock.

I can't believe that Enzo would have wanted to win at any price.
By certom
hey DD....how old are you?? i thought you were like a 25 year-old boy!
By darwin dali
A bit older than that :D
By bud
Of course you are going to agree with that d**khead

Bring it on wee man :lol: go join the IRA and get Killed ya weak lil irish poofter 8)

and DD your love of Schumi has nothing to do with the fact he is German? you only seem to respect Swiss or German people... take it your Swiss heritage has a larger German origin? :wink:
By darwin dali
Nope shrubby. I was a supporter of all kinds of drivers including Ronnie Peterson, Emerson Fittipaldi, Nelson Piquet, Alan Prost, Niki Lauda, Jody Scheckter. Not too Swiss or German those guys, eh?
By Stephen
Not DC then Darwin? :P
By Smokestoomuch
I was a supporter of all kinds of drivers including Ronnie Peterson, Emerson Fittipaldi, Nelson Piquet, Alan Prost, Niki Lauda, Jody Scheckter

And Schumacher.

Not wishing to jump in the middle of you apparently hate filled argument, but do you only support drivers that win?
By bud
Sorry bud, the ira disarmed about a year ago. :)

exactly ;) go re arm and be a one man army ;) hero
By Irv the Swerve
C'mon, Will you join with me?? :wink:
I need someone like you with your hard attitude. :lol:
By darwin dali
Not DC then Darwin? :P

No, he's too sexy with his cubehead! I've always had other plans for him... :twisted::mrgreen:

See our F1 related articles too!