FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By Hexagram
Got this game last week. Haven't really gotten around to playing the F1 game since. The driving mechanics are insanely good in it, even if the graphics are poor and the sound isn't great either. Best rally game I've ever played.

[youtube]_tp57QFRT7M?fs=1[/youtube]
By myownalias
I tried a demo of the game on the PC and didn't think it was that great; didn't help that I could only play the game with keys on the demo; I prefer a controller or ideally a steering wheel / pedals combination.
By Hexagram
I tried a demo of the game on the PC and didn't think it was that great; didn't help that I could only play the game with keys on the demo; I prefer a controller or ideally a steering wheel / pedals combination.

I got the steering wheel, I don't know how you would play it without it to be honest, it is so tricky! The car set ups have to be perfect and you need to totally change your driving style for the different surfaces.
By myownalias
It's very similar for CMR2; which was the last rally game I bought; the surface changes are fun if you're not expecting them, being pitched off the road at 125mph is never fun!
By The_Stig_Money
That game looks cool

I was really unpleased with Dirt 2.... The Rally on that game was horrible, Trophy trucks were awsome
By Hexagram
It's very similar for CMR2; which was the last rally game I bought; the surface changes are fun if you're not expecting them, being pitched off the road at 125mph is never fun!

Dry tarmac to dry gravel kills me everytime. Coming off wet tarmac though into wet gravel is ok.

The ice/snow stages I suck at completely. :(

Really top class game. :D
By scotty
I had no idea this game even existed... might have to get it if it's good to drive!
By geetface9
Anybody know when this game comes out in the U.S.? Amazon.com says March 29, 2011 but I was curious if there was anything more official that I couldn't find.
By Hexagram
Anybody know when this game comes out in the U.S.? Amazon.com says March 29, 2011 but I was curious if there was anything more official that I couldn't find.

Kinda shocked it's not out in the US yet! :eek:

Mar 29, 2011 is the release date according to gamespot.com.
By geetface9

Cool, thanks for the confirmation. I emailed the head of marketing in Italy for Black Bean Games in October and she told me most likely before Christmas. Guess that fell through :(
By Hexagram

Cool, thanks for the confirmation. I emailed the head of marketing in Italy for Black Bean Games in October and she told me most likely before Christmas. Guess that fell through :(

If your getting it on the Xbox send me a pm and we'll have a race. :thumbup:
By Jamie
Got this game last week. Haven't really gotten around to playing the F1 game since. The driving mechanics are insanely good in it, even if the graphics are poor and the sound isn't great either. Best rally game I've ever played.

[youtube]_tp57QFRT7M?fs=1[/youtube]

It looks awesome, shame I have pre-ordered War Hammer 40,000 space marine. 1 game a month at the mo :D lol, gotta be good. Just bought £2k worth of designing software lol!!!
By geetface9

If your getting it on the Xbox send me a pm and we'll have a race. :thumbup:

Sure thing! I'm counting the days down til march 29 and then IT'S ON! :twisted:
By Hexagram
Sure thing! I'm counting the days down til march 29 and then IT'S ON! :twisted:

:thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!