FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Enlightened
It's ridiculous.

Brawn asks renault to play fair! Since when ferrai plays fair?

When Massa blocks, it is considered OK. But if Alonso blocks, it's the end of the world. The ferrari dog starts barking.

RIDICULOUS!!! the state of Formula One...
By darwin dali
It wasn't blocking at all - it was the first Q3 lap and he had good speed during the fuel burning phase. What FA did in the past was not only unsporting, but plain dangerous - brake testing should have severe consequences.
So stop whining - you sound like cry baby FA, which is extremely annoying.
By Isa_Saifullah
Felipe is such an a**h****!!! I always thought he was cool, but not anymore!!
During the press conference, you know he didn't feel easy when he started talking.

But this is a bit of a grey area, I mean, at Monza, Alonso "allegedly" blocked Massa on what was supposedly his hot lap.

But in the 3rd session of qualifying at Suzuka, Felipe wasn't blocking Alonso on any of his hotlaps, considering that it was the early phase of Quali 3 where all the cars do is just burn fuel, so there's no way Alonso could've claimed he could've done a significant lap time during that part of the qualifying session, although he could claim that it affected his hot laps afterwards, as he didn't burn as much fuel as he could, due to Massa blocking him.

So where exactly is that fine line between tactics and unsporting behaviour?
By Irv the Swerve
It would had been different if alonso was on a flying lap but it was just the fuel burn off so stop moaning!!
By bud
Well Spitz the FIA have set a stupid benchmark now for Qualifying. ALonso did nothing wrong at Monza yet was punished. from now on that will always be brought up as if that was a penalty then it will happen in every GP meet in the future! someone will claim the car 100-400m ahead was blocking.....
what ever happened to the days when qualifying was an art...another reasonw why F1 isnt a sport anymore.
By Irv the Swerve
Schuey and alonso have a little fight with each other at the start of Q3 at other races , just a bit of fun but since its massa and what happened at monza, oh i must complain when im not even doing a proper lap :x . and dont say if it happens again or.... he got his win well done.
By Smokestoomuch
It would had been different if alonso was on a flying lap but it was just the fuel burn off so stop moaning!!

Not that you're bias in anyway, of course.
By Smokestoomuch
To try and suggest that Renault and/or Alonso are just complaining, in view of Ferrari and Schumacher's record of "honest and fair competition" is at best naive.

So far Schumacher has cheated at Monaco - a foul for which a realistic punishment would have been exclusion from the race, but instead he got world championship points. What would Ferrari's response have been if Alonso had decided to park across the track during qualifying at Shaghai? One of casual acceptance? I doubt it

Then we have Monza - Alonso is penalised for something that no one else can see or understand and Schumacher goes onto win his last Italian GP. On top of that Brundle asked Mosley is this was now the standard response to "blocking" in qualifying and Max says yes, then two days later the FIA announce that the stewards will no longer able to issue penalties for qualifying incidents. That is all but saying that the penalty was undeserved and that the stewards acted unfairly. This unfair and undeserved penalty gave 10 points to Schumacher.

So, if Renault try to use Ferrari's own tactics to win back some of the points they were robbed of, or even it it's only highlighted to emphasis the Monza incidnet, no one can suggest it's unfair unless they are prepared to admit that Schumacher held the lead in the WDC unfairly and undeservedly.

Still, nice to see the cheat will leaving F1 without the driver's title. That is fair and deserved.
By Irv the Swerve
The reason behind the fact that the stewards wont be having any effect on the decsions being made is that all the fuss behind the alonso blocking, even though the penalty was right :) the fia wont bring the sport into disrepute.
Alonso will never be as good as schuey especially that alonso is going to mclaren.
By bud
the penalty was right.... wont be as good as schuey cos he is going to mclaren

keep it up Spitz... :lol: how old are you ? you sound like a lil kid with your last post 8)

penalty was right - saying that proves youre not a race fan and that you have no idea at all about racing. also shows you would go for a long walk of a short bridge along side ferrari.

wont be as good as schumi... well apart from the fact he already has the better skills 8) i believe youre talking stats. well you will regret you said that, 12 more years of Fernando if he were to stay in the game as long as him.... plenty of time to win wdc 8) alot of tech changes ahead changing of the guard will be happening alot for the teams!
if anyone i would be abit worried for Ferrari, they will be losing all their title winning people in the next 2 years. Ferrari could well go back to the dark ages they had from 1980 to 2000
By Irv the Swerve
In my view, i think the pen was correct right. I dont think mclaren will be good next season i see the reliability will be a problem. Alonso wont be better than schuey because he couldnt keep his head when the lead was at the 25 points mark, he has no bottle, that will be factor in years to come. Ferrari will be the dominant force with kimi and alonso will see that hes made a grave mistake.
By Enlightened
Spitz, I agree with Bud about his comments. That's one thing that bothers me about Ferrari fans. It seems that because people like the brand they have to support their F1 team. I like Ferraris, that doesn't mean I have to blindly support them.

MS is getting some of his bad Karma back, I guess. If someone can honestly say that Michael never cheated, must be really blind. I mean for years that has been happening, yet Ferrari people look the other way.

I can't deny the fact that Michael is one of the greatest drivers ever. But all his records don't make him the #1, sorry. At the end, records are just stats. What matters is how you achieve them.

Alonso doesn't have a great personality and so is Michael. Sometimes I wonder if Alonso's behavior isn't due to his reaction to Michael's cheatings and support by the FIA.

One more race and let the best win...
By Irv the Swerve
Of course you are going to agree with that d**khead, I like their brand and so i must be a fan of theirs, cop on. I loved ferrari ever since i have known f1, always been a supporter of schuey and he has been a step in class ahead of everbody else. I agree he has done some stupid things in the past but the records do say alot about him.

As you say, let the best win..
By Enlightened
***I loved ferrari ever since i have known f1, always been a supporter of schuey***

Spitz, you just answered Bud's question! You are young and don't know much about previous F1 champions. Apparently, you started waching F1 when Michael was doing well and Ferrari was doing good and stayed with them. Good for you, but don't say he's the best ever

You see, my theory is that most people who like Michael are younger people who like the brand. Since Michael was winning in a Ferrari, you guys were like: he's the best!

I bet if Michael was driving another car and still got the same record as he does now, less people will be suppporting him.

See our F1 related articles too!