FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
Man I am banging these out at the moment like wow lol! Well at the moment My Ps3 is running on barely any space juice and i need more memory, now i have been adviced on a external HDD I am thinking of a nice spacey 1TB :twisted: But how do I go about this? Do i need a specific one?
Man I am banging these out at the moment like wow lol! Well at the moment My Ps3 is running on barely any space juice and i need more memory, now i have been adviced on a external HDD I am thinking of a nice spacey 1TB :twisted: But how do I go about this? Do i need a specific one?

Its gotta be USB powered so a 2.5" One.

Hmmm can It be 1tb big :-)

Why does it have to be USB powered? I used a 3.5 mains powered drive to my PS3 and it worked fine; any external USB drive will work!

And this is how you do it --> http://www.wikihow.com/Add-an-External- ... yStation-3
I could be wrong as I've never tried and my PS3 is packed away atm but I think it needs to use the internal drive for gamesaves and gamedata and any downloaded games so if that's what you're needing extra space for I think you'd need to upgrade the internal drive. I upgraded internal from 40 to 160Gb for that reason and I use an external drive that I share with the PC for music and video.
I could be wrong as I've never tried and my PS3 is packed away atm but I think it needs to use the internal drive for gamesaves and gamedata and any downloaded games so if that's what you're needing extra space for I think you'd need to upgrade the internal drive. I upgraded internal from 40 to 160Gb for that reason and I use an external drive that I share with the PC for music and video.

you make it compatible with the PS3. Through an internet download, But I know what you mean but for crying out loud....I have used my memory over and over again...

Anyone know or reccomend and cheap HDD. Pref 1tb

you make it compatible with the PS3. Through an internet download, But I know what you mean but for crying out loud....I have used my memory over and over again...

Anyone know or reccomend and cheap HDD. Pref 1tb

Ah ok, I haven't heard of that before, got a link?

I know you can delete and re-use the space but with the size of some gamesave, gamedata, updates and downloaded games 40Gb doesn't go very far and I don't want to re-install stuff when I go to play some game I've not played for a while.
Once you have the file system architecture set to FAT32 you should be fine to use any external hard drive on the PS3 external power or usb.

See our F1 related articles too!