FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
You've got to check this thing out.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/01/forc ... est-drive/

If you're old enough to have spent any time in an arcade, surely at some point you splurged an extra couple of quarters to play a game in a seat that moved a bit, shook a bit, made some feeble attempt at making you feel like you're really in the game. Kid's play, that stuff (quite literally), but just like people don't stop gaming as they get older so too such motion simulation tech doesn't have to stay for kiddies. Enter Force Dynamics and enter the 401cr: a full-bore motion simulator that can not only generate over a G of acceleration but can spin you right 'round as many times as you like. We took it for a quite a few spins indeed, plus more than one crash, and we think you'll want to check them out the video below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You've got to check this thing out.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/01/forc ... est-drive/

If you're old enough to have spent any time in an arcade, surely at some point you splurged an extra couple of quarters to play a game in a seat that moved a bit, shook a bit, made some feeble attempt at making you feel like you're really in the game. Kid's play, that stuff (quite literally), but just like people don't stop gaming as they get older so too such motion simulation tech doesn't have to stay for kiddies. Enter Force Dynamics and enter the 401cr: a full-bore motion simulator that can not only generate over a G of acceleration but can spin you right 'round as many times as you like. We took it for a quite a few spins indeed, plus more than one crash, and we think you'll want to check them out the video below.

i was looking at these things on youtube yesterday, theres a few companies that actually sell them comercially.

Oh yeah and ive just seen something that wont interest foreign readers, but theres an F1 simulator on at Harrods London on March 6th.....
Harrods this Sunday.... hmmm.... I may have to pop into the big smoke :-)

actually its somewhere in london on march 6th, but the thing i saw it in has dissape........no ive found it, queensway london, 11am-5pm.
I found it a bit ironic that they've spent so much time thinking about how to keep it light in order to have it be as responsive as possible. The more things change, the more they stay the same, in engineering at least. :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!