FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
1987 Piquet at Tamburello:
[youtube]DSeZx20wUGw[/youtube]

1989 Gerhard Berger at Tamburello:
[youtube]PkCLa7q0C6A[/youtube]

1994 Senna at Tamburello:
NO VIDEO REQUIRED.
A lot of the worst ones have been already mentioned but I'm surprised Kubica's Canada crash hasn't been, looking at the footage still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand.

:yes: Was sitting in the hairpin when it happened - scary.
Monza 2000 and Australia 2001 were sad to witness with the marshals dying.
Kubica in Canada and Massa in Hungary were heart stopping moments.
As for racing moments, this was one:

[youtube]IS5dmhGYqBA[/youtube]
I wish we could just wipe Imola '94 out of history.

It started with this one for Rubens which, thankfully wasn't fatal:-
[youtube]XSI27en56tg[/youtube]

Then there was Ratzenberger and Senna's fatal crashes.....
Kubica Canada crash

Kimi taking out Sutil in Monaco (by mistake) when he was running 5th.

Sutil crashing in China when he was running 6th

Turkey in 2010. (dont think any explanation needs to be made for that one)

Kubica's rallying crash.
Burti's crash
[youtube]iFMihMJaHrM[/youtube]

I just re watched it for the 1st time since it happened and I had the same reaction.... WTF has the car gone.
By vlad
I mentioned Burti already, that guy was just unlucky, but not a bad driver at all... Irvine's reaction was something really nice, I must admit...
When Hakkinen lost his engine power on that last lap, damn, I wasn't a McLaren fan, but I was so fu**ed up...
No question, it has to be Imola '94 - I remember watching it and thinking at the time that it didn't look at all good. Up until that weekend Formula 1 had enjoyed a long period without any racing fatalities (previous to that was Elio de Angelis in a testing accident some 8 years before) and so to have two in the same weekend was shocking and certainly my 'worst ever F1 moment'.
This was a bad one. One of the heaviest crashes in F1 history.

[youtube]S9BS8CxlWUY[/youtube]
Burti's crash
[youtube]iFMihMJaHrM[/youtube]

I just re watched it for the 1st time since it happened and I had the same reaction.... WTF has the car gone.

That was one hell of a wreck. I remember the marshals were just standing around doing nothing. Irvine ran all the way back to Burti's car and started screaming at the marshals to get him out of there. His car was COMPLETELY buried by the tire wall. I knew Burti was gone. It looked like a torpedo hitting a battleship when he hit that wall. Simply amazing that he wasn't seriously injured.

There was another instance when JV went sideways up against the wall at Canada. I think it was 98 or 99. That was one scary as hell wreck too...but he ran back during the red flag and got the spare car and wanted to get back at it, but he wasn't allowed to.
I remember watching this live and was amazed he walked away, saved by the grass I guess.
[youtube]ssAFmG81oqo[/youtube]

See our F1 related articles too!