FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By Forza_Rosso
This is one of my favourite games of ALL time. Has anyone played the first? If you guys don't know it it's a racing game with all of Oahu as your track (Around 5000k) You buy your own house. You choose your outfit and there is an amazing selection of cars.
Here is the trailer :D:D:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE57_S6q274

images.jpeg

20090621222042.jpg

tdu2_houses_sm.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By bmwpower
Here's a review of TDU2

[youtube]4enYkeYgNZg[/youtube]
Last edited by myownalias on 01 Feb 11, 01:23, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed Youtube link; you only need the video code after the "v=" - e.g. [youtube]__PU5CVSegg[/youtube]
Horrible review... doesn't talk about the racing aspect at all. What got me was the fact that I could free roam the whole island like I could on NFS Most Wanted but this was waaaaaay better. Also if you crash into a bush you don't stop like it's cement, you go through it. Plus there's traffic violations and you can SIGNAL :yikes: like a normal driver 8-)
By bmwpower
Horrible review... doesn't talk about the racing aspect at all. What got me was the fact that I could free roam the whole island like I could on NFS Most Wanted but this was waaaaaay better. Also if you crash into a bush you don't stop like it's cement, you go through it. Plus there's traffic violations and you can SIGNAL :yikes: like a normal driver 8-)

You know that was supposed to be a joke right? Ta DU UH 2? Since nobody has a review of a game that's not released yet for another week or two because Atari isn't releasing a pre-release version for any gamer sites to review which isn't a good sign. I remember Rockstar's Midnight Club also had free roaming, hopefully TDU2 isn't anything like Midnight Club. Played TDU1, was impressed for about two days and it got really really boring, especially with its Midnight Club style physics and handling. Hopefully they made some improvements, we'll see in a couple of weeks.
By scotty
My mate loves this series of games, i had a go on one and it was pretty fun, but really if i want to go around driving like a regular driver on the road, i'll go jump in the car rather than doing that in a game :hehe:
By myownalias
My mate loves this series of games, i had a go on one and it was pretty fun, but really if i want to go around driving like a regular driver on the road, i'll go jump in the car rather than doing that in a game :hehe:

Maybe the game is designed for 16 year olds that haven't got their licence yet? Does seem kinda pointless to be trundling along at 30mph in a 500hp car!
I mentioned that it could signal because I am surprised by how much of the normal day driving they try to incorporate. The racing in the first one I though was pretty good even though I couldn't do much because my computer wouldn't let me (damn PC). I have a PS3 now so I hope that TDU2 will be amazing

See our F1 related articles too!