FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By Jabberwocky
My contract is due up for renewal so I need a new phone any ideas? I suppose the answer is iSheep or not iSheep!

At the moment I have a HTC HD2 which is my second Windows Mobile phone.
The i-phone is a great little media platform, but funnily enough I know a few people who have had them then decided to go back to the HTC. I can't really comment as I've never had an i-phone, though I have friends and relatives that do and have played about with them and can't see much to complain about. There must be something though if they want to revert back to their previous phones...

I've had HTC phones before and love them, would have one again in a second. Currently I've got a Motorola DEXT (CLIQ in the US), that I've had for about a year - it's been sturdy and robust, is quite powerful and is android so you can get loads of apps for it. I've got no complaints whatsoever with it, been a great phone.

Personally I'd always give strong consideration to how much abuse a phone you get is likely to end up with. For example, I tend to be very careful with my phones, don't drop them etc. however my wife is the sort of person that is forever dropping hers, leaving it in a bag to potentially get very scratched etc. Some phones can easily take this, whilst others will fall apart at the first sign of a knock.
Before the HD2 I had the HTC P6500 which was a bit underpowered to run the windows that was on it but the HD2 seems to cope fine with it. However th WM HTC Sense is a bit lacking. Is the Android HTC Sense any better?
By Jensonb
I think you mean iPhone. Try out an iPhone, try out an Android, pick the one that works they way you prefer.

See our F1 related articles too!