FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By IceManpjn
Looks pretty good.

Not at all.

I'm not a NASCAR fan at all, but that doesn't matter. Because it's a matter of taste, and some obviously love it, there's no point in debating whether it's awesome or terrible. My disagreement with the "looks pretty good" statement then has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not one personally likes or dislikes NASCAR at all.

No, instead I'm going to disagree based on two more technical points.

1) It's a pre-rendered trailer, which in no way depicts the actual game in any way. An interesting pre-rendered trailer doesn't make for a good game, and it doesn't represent what the actual gameplay will look like. The difference between video and gameplay was especially obvious on the original PlayStation with games like the Final Fantasy titles, which had pretty cinematic sequences but the gameplay graphics actually looked a billion times more crude and primitive.

2) It's from Eutechnyx, which has a history of making automotive racing games but not for making good ones. A few examples of their works include Pimp My Ride, Hot Wheels: Beat That!, Cartoon Network Racing, and Big Mutha Truckers (original and sequel). So, we can realistically expect the game to quickly get demoted to the bottom shelf or the back of the store with the crap nobody wants and with a rapidly plummeting price tag.

Heck, coming from the developers of Big Mutha Truckers, we know it's bound to be good, right?

See our F1 related articles too!