FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By MAD MAX
Apologies if this is a duplicate. I note the game is being launched in September, anyone intending to purchase and which in your opinion is the best platform to play it on
By stonemonkey
Apologies if this is a duplicate. I note the game is being launched in September, anyone intending to purchase and which in your opinion is the best platform to play it on

best platform=whatever you've got, gameplay, physics, AI etc. will all be the same I'd guess. Graphics on 360 and PS3 will be pretty similar with maybe some minor pros/cons for each that the fanboys can argue over but a high end PC should beat both. The only things I can think of that might have differences is the network play but even that could be minor and the choice of steering wheels available which I think is a little more limited on the 360.

I have an OK'ish PC and a PS3 so I'll be getting it for the PS3.
By f1ea

best platform=whatever you've got, gameplay, physics, AI etc. will all be the same I'd guess. Graphics on 360 and PS3 will be pretty similar with maybe some minor pros/cons for each that the fanboys can argue over but a high end PC should beat both. The only things I can think of that might have differences is the network play but even that could be minor and the choice of steering wheels available which I think is a little more limited on the 360.

I have an OK'ish PC and a PS3 so I'll be getting it for the PS3.

And I am getting the PS3 just for it!
By IceManpjn

Not to be an bottom, but there was already a topic plainly visible just three or four topics down from here, specifically titled "F1 2010 game", "F1 2010" being the exact word-for-word title of the game.

That platform doesn't matter much. From what we know, Codemasters intends both the PS3 and 360 versions to be basically identical, so then it's just a matter of whether you want it on a console or on PC. I'm sure the PC fanboys will be more than happy to detail for you why the PC version is the clear way to go, but as far as consoles go it doesn't matter which you get. Personally, I'm getting it for my 360, even though I own all platforms.

I don't know what specs you've got on your PC, but it looks like just about any computer of the past several years should do just fine.

PC requirements:
  • Windows XP/Vista/7
  • Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4GHz or Athlon X2
  • 1GB RAM (2GB for Vista)
  • Graphics Card: GeForce 7800 / Radeon X1800
  • DirectX Compatible Sound Card or motherboard audio
  • Dual Layer Compatible DVD-ROM Drive
  • 12.5 GB Hard Drive Space

See our F1 related articles too!