FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
Every year dozens of people come on here with questions about parking, camping etc.

I have created this thread in a bid to avoid forum clutter, but also to hopefully make it easier for you to find an answer to you question(s) - chances are, someone will already have asked a similar question and you may just be able to find the answer in here without having to post!

So, ask away and people will do their best to answer your questions! :)
just poste on another thread but this eems like a better choice.

Its going to be my first f1 race. Just after some advice really. I'm in the pit straight and have just received my ticket I have my seat number but have no idea where I will be in relation to the starting grid my seat is W153. Also I’m there from Friday after noon so I have time to explore. Any tip on most does while I’m there? Also where is the best place to get some pictures during practice and qualifying? food? any advice would be great.

Oh and really sad I know but I’m on my own :(

Cheers Ross
I answered you on the other thread :D
I have two 3 day general admission tickets for next weekend but can only attend on raceday. Is it possible for my parents to use the tickets on Saturday for qualifying? Not sure if you have to sign or anything when they are first used so they cannot be sold on?
I have two 3 day general admission tickets for next weekend but can only attend on raceday. Is it possible for my parents to use the tickets on Saturday for qualifying? Not sure if you have to sign or anything when they are first used so they cannot be sold on?

I would have thought that the tickets can be used by your parents as long as there are no names on the tickets themselves, generally with tickets, anyone can use them as long as they don't have a person's name on them. Otherwise ticket touts would be out of business, but check the back of the tickets; they usually have the T&Cs on the back!

No problem, you'd be fine.You walk through a gate with 2 or3 people ripping of the bit relevant to that day. Nothing signed, they just check you have valid tickets.
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of hiring some mini petrol scooters to take with us to this years GP. I saw some people with them last year & I'm sure I remember them going round the track on them after the GP (aswell as a few golf buggys going round too). Is this OK for us to do? Alot of people go straight to the after GP party whereas some walk the track.

The ones I'm considering hiring are only low cc 2 stroke engines so won't be a danger (could probably run faster). Does anyone else take scooters at all? Can you advise?
I believe if your parking up to the right or the entrance, so when you get through the gates etc turn left and follow it around until you see yourself on the pit straight and the grandstand should be assembled. I went to watch GT1 a while back and they never had the seats installed.
hi i just purchased some general admission tickets for the race day,
i never been before and have a whole host of questions,

obviously where is best place to watch from but taking into account i cant get there till around ten sunday morning so i understand all the best spots will be taken, so best spot for late comers,

are the giant screens generally easily viewed from most areas,

any tips on what to take for our day at silverstone?

can we take our own food andalcohol in ?

i have read that its best to get there around 5/6 in the morning unfortunately thats not possible, as its my first one just being there will be great for me, but i think the earliest i can get there is around 10.00, getting there this late is it still worth bringing folding chairs. blanket etc or will there not be anywhere to put it,

also with regards to buying any merchandise will it still be available after the race or is it best to buy souvenirs before hand, and did read something about outside circuit is best place for souvenirs,

is the megabus service reliable and is the journey from milton keynes roughly 45 as they say, or does this usually get held up in traffic

sorry if these seem stupid questions or have been asked previously,

obviously where is best place to watch from but taking into account i cant get there till around ten sunday morning so i understand all the best spots will be taken, so best spot for late comers,

i have read that its best to get there around 5/6 in the morning unfortunately thats not possible, as its my first one just being there will be great for me, but i think the earliest i can get there is around 10.00, getting there this late is it still worth bringing folding chairs. blanket etc or will there not be anywhere to put it,

also with regards to buying any merchandise will it still be available after the race or is it best to buy souvenirs before hand, and did read something about outside circuit is best place for souvenirs,

is the megabus service reliable and is the journey from milton keynes roughly 45 as they say, or does this usually get held up in traffic

For the park and ride, id go from northampton. Its at Sixfields and the bus just runs down the A43 towards silverstone, very short journey indeed. Going to silverstone their will be traffic, MotoGP's traffic was quite bad.

Id always bring a blanket regardless, even if its hot it can get chilly up in the stands after a few hours.

I also recommend buying an AM/FM radio because Silverstone radio is really helpful knowing whats going on, on the otherside.

Food wise, bring your own picnic or something because the food from the stalls etc is a rip off. Only decent one is the hogroast their.

You got tickets for hangar straight if its general admission im guessing their will be one on the inside of the track.
Hi guys an gals im new to this forum.

Im going to Silverstone and it is my first grand prix. I cannot wait!

I have a 3 day bronze pass for Copse E.

I have a few questions im hoping someone could answer.

Im staying in a hotel in Corby and using Sixfields Park and Ride and was just wondering what time I would need to leave to get to Park and Ride and ultimately the curcuit so that I can get the best possible spot on both Saturday and Sunday?

Also, does anyone know if it will be busy on the roads getting to the park and ride?

The site seems to open about 2 and half hours before the first bus leaves and just wondered how early I am going to have to get there for as I want this to be the best experience possible.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Steve

P.S. Im travelling down from Leeds at 4am, its about 2 and half hours on sat nav want to get there before the first event to have a look round and get some breakfast, will that give me enough time or will I need to leave earlier?

Cheers.

I dont usually bother with a blanket(only in th etent at night. Bu I do take several layer of clothes and strip off/on accordingly. Id take a chair for general entry.. Merchandise is best inside the tack(it can be rip offs outside) It can sell out of the popular items bu thee are loads of stalls.Not sur about buses because camp. There are plenty of giant screens. Yes take food and alcohol, thats ok. Getting there at 10 it will be very full already but you should find a spot. Take waterproofs and brolly and/or suncream depending on forecast. a radio(as someone suggested) and camera. Enjoy

See our F1 related articles too!