FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Dedicated to technical discussion...
ESPNF1:
Meanwhile, in the wake of the meeting, it emerges that the new tyre supplier and the ban on double diffusers will not be the only technical changes for 2011.

The main area of attention, apart from the return of KERS, is aerodynamics. Pending the approval of the FIA, the bodywork ahead of the sidepods, and the flow aids under the chassis, are to disappear.

It is also expected that the front wings will be smaller, while the front-wing adjustors could be replaced by adjustable rear wings.
Cool, I like the reduction in aero at the front and getting rid of more of the stuck on bits and I suppose a movable rear wing element/section will do the job of the F duct, only will it's use be restricted like the front wing is just now?
adjustable rear wings would be awsome, and more visible for fans.

Imagine an F1 comming on the pit straight and the front wing just goes flat.

If they are gonna do it they have to use it in extremes like that, not stupid tiny angles that make little differences like we have now. I'm not really a fan of adjustable wings though, i don't think they'll actually help much if it all cause each car will just cancel each other out.
So the consensus; a whole bunch of changes that won't amount to a hill or beans... and I seriously doubt widening cars will be on the agenda :(

If they modify the front wings to make them less effective it'll help a bit, so it's not all bad. It's the single most important aero device on each car (yes, NOT the double diffusers!) and at the same time the worst affected by dirty air, something which the diffusers are the biggest culprits of causing.
Deregulate the power output of the engines. Give them the ability to turn the engines HP way up. Make it so that the drivers aren't just running flat out all the time, they need to govern the power they are using to remain in control so that they have that little extra when they need it. Dont talk about Push to pass BS, or anything like that. Make the push to pass button be the gas pedal.

Not to mention the lovely sound the engines would make when pushing out that many more revs, or even turbos... mmm, turbos.

See our F1 related articles too!