FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
I like the opening tune... Preferred it last year when it was preceded by the guy with the deep voice saying "This... is Formula 1". The woman who does it this year doesn't suit as well.
Dunno. I always liked the ITV intro, miss it kinda. I personally don't like the BBC F1 intro. The tune is okay, but the whole CGI thing doesn't appeal to me.

Really? I absolutely hated the song and the images, in fact I hated most things about the ITV coverage.

ITV - 2008
[youtube]Gs_VC24304Q[/youtube]

BBC - 2009
[youtube]DYTwmKOHcGY&feature=related[/youtube]

BBC - 2010
[youtube]LU3L_6T0Cf8&feature=related[/youtube]

There 's just no contest in my eyes. Fleetwood Mac :cloud9:

[youtube]5z-dJ35fOiM[/youtube]

Although I do prefer the "Scream of Science" intro to the 2010 version that we had in the first races of the season.
I prefer the intro's with actual footage in them. I especially love that shot of the cars going through Maggots with the "GRAND PRIX" logo below in the 1979 intro.
Dunno. I always liked the ITV intro, miss it kinda. I personally don't like the BBC F1 intro. The tune is okay, but the whole CGI thing doesn't appeal to me.

I just saw it online to compare to what SPEEDtv shows us here in the states. I agree it feels a bit cheesy to me.
I prefer the intro's with actual footage in them.

Same. I seem to remember a brilliant one from the 90's that was just stacked with all time classic F1 moments, you can't beat that.

See our F1 related articles too!