FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!

Prost to contest Race of Champions

By Matt Beer Wednesday, May 19th 2010, 10:28 GMT

Alain ProstFour-time Formula 1 world champion Alain Prost is to contest the Race of Champions for the first time this year.

The French legend will make his debut in motorsport's traditional end-of-season star showdown when it moves to Dusseldorf's ESPRIT Arena for the 2010 event on November 27-28.

Prost said that contesting the RoC had long been an ambition. The winner of the 1985, '86, '89 and '93 F1 titles retired following his last world championship victory but has competed in the Andros Trophy ice racing series in recent years, winning the 2007 and '08 titles.

"I'm very happy to be able to participate in the Race of Champions at last," he said. "In the past the date has always clashed with other commitments like the Andros Trophy ice racing championship, but this year it finally works.

"It will be an absolute pleasure to race with great drivers from different disciplines and different generations. I'm really looking forward to the experience."

RoC boss Fredrik Johnsson welcomed Prost's decision to join this year's field.

"We're thrilled that Alain will make his debut at the Race of Champions in November," he said. "He is one of the all-time legends of motor racing so this first appearance at the event is eagerly anticipated and long overdue."

Michael Schumacher and Sebastian Vettel are the other big names to sign up for the 2010 RoC so far.

Bet Lewis Competes now so he can race against Prost.

Lewis and Jenson doing a UK team would be mega.
Mansell should represent the UK! Although is there team GB as DC races under Scotland doesnt he?
The timing of it sucks, The Aussie V8 drivers wont be able to compete again as the season ends in December! Jaime Whincup was meant to be in the last one but couldnt due to the clash! I also doubt Webber will enter as he hasnt as yet, so we will have our 2 wheeler people like Doohan and Chad Reed representing Australia again!
Mansell should represent team "tache" :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!