FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Alonso decision after 2 hours = guilty (stewards "concede that Alonso’s actions may not have been deliberate") Massa/Ferrari lodge complaint

SchMACKER decision after EIGHT:?: hours = guilty (stewards "finding was that Schumacher had no justifiable reason for braking so hard, as he had been traveling little or no quicker than at the same point on previous laps.") The UNIVERSE lodges a complaint b-weep

:idea: It seems to me that greater efforts are made to appease Ferrari or SchMACK addicts...

8 times world champion YAWN
By Stephen
Yeah, does seem a little harsh given the damage to Alonso's car. It is amazing how often the decisions go Ferrari's way, but then the FIA pays that team more than any other through adverising monies, and would do anything to keep them in.

But hey, it does make the race more interesting and the championship will probably now go down to the wire!
By certom
ferrari's way???? what????

this decision has been made to adjust the bullpoo of monaco!!
i firstly was perplexed, but then they said that alonso should have moved to let massa overtake...
By philerooney
ferrari's way???? what????

this decision has been made to adjust the bullpoo of monaco!!
i firstly was perplexed, but then they said that alonso should have moved to let massa overtake...

THE BULLSH*T WAS SchMACK addicts doing...

The stewards had all the telemetry and video evidence at their disposal and concluded as aforesaid...8 HOURS FOR SOMETHING SOOOO OBVIOUS...Hmmmmm
By Selcouth_Feline
I think Massa is living in a dream world if he really, truly believed he was going to get on pole on that lap!

I couldn't see anything wrong with Alonso's lap, and I do feel sorry for him, bu I guess the stewards must have seen something in the car's telemetry
Alonso decision after 2 hours = guilty (stewards "concede that Alonso’s actions may not have been deliberate") Massa/Ferrari lodge complaint

SchMACKER decision after EIGHT:?: hours = guilty (stewards "finding was that Schumacher had no justifiable reason for braking so hard, as he had been traveling little or no quicker than at the same point on previous laps.") The UNIVERSE lodges a complaint b-weep

:idea: It seems to me that greater efforts are made to appease Ferrari or SchMACK addicts...

8 times world champion YAWN

The thing that gets me is that Alonso was only going as fast as he was to satisfy another FIA rule that states that a driver must cross the start-finish line before the time is up to complete another timed lap. In tryng to acheive this he apparently transgresses another rule that says he must slow down to let the car on the hot lap pass. What was he meant to do...

I really think that it's in the FIA's interest to have Ferrari as the winners with MS bowing out as the WC aas if it's all some romantic fairytale ending. It sickens me to realise this.

I think Fernando Alonso is a bloody decent bloke who having got the better of MS in the car now has to fight off the system if he wants to retain the World title. Go on Fernando... I really would love you to take it again
By logan
Senna- "The thing that gets me is that Alonso was only going as fast as he was to satisfy another FIA rule that states that a driver must cross the start-finish line before the time is up to complete another timed lap. In tryng to acheive this he apparently transgresses another rule that says he must slow down to let the car on the hot lap pass. What was he meant to do... "

I will tell you what Alonso and Renault should have done....
As because of the puncture Alonso had to return to pits which left him only a few seconds or just 1 min. to get back on track ond to make a fast lap..He went for it and found himself in trouble to cross the finishing line before the time was up...Well this seems very normal i mean any driver would want to get a quick last lap so as to get a good position for the race, but in doing so he held Massa behind while he was on his hot lap...I would like to bring to your notice that Alonso wasent for sure as fast as Massa was during the same lap..and as everyone knows it's not easy to overtake a car who's running slightly slower than yours.You gotta be either running at the same pace or faster or either very slow ..so the the hotlap of car behind you is'nt affected....Alonso wanted to get a last go so had to hurry to cross the finsih line before the time stopped but in at the same time as he was not as quick as Massa who was on his fast lap messed Massa's lap..

So it can be seen that Alonso and Renault wanted to make up for the loss of qual position caused by the puncture and they took a chance but in doing this they affected someone elses lap times which is'nt fair...Senna was asking what could have Alonso done in such situation well it's simple he should have not went back on the track instead he took a chance but was found guilty of hindering Massa.
Alonso wanted to gain advantage which is normal but you cannot do at the cost of others..
By logan
And BTW what do you guys have to say about Alonso maneuver of gaining a place by actually cutting a chicane?????? How come no one found that objectionable???

And before you get back by stateing the Michale De la Rosa incident let me get it clear.....Michale was ahead of him and was defending his position ..Alonso on the other wasent ahead ..and also as per the rule cutting the chicane is allowed if the two cars are side by side and if there's no place to go for the one who's DEFENDING his position ..Benefit of doubt is given to the one who's Defending his position and not the one who's attacking..

In this case Alonso was nethier side by side nor was he defending a position..so technically he should have had allowed to let pass the other driver which he did'nt .

Still wasnet penalised by the FIA
Had Shumi done that ... and if the FIA would have not penalised Shumi, Boy oh Boy it would have been another FIA Ferrai conspiracy....how typical..
You know i wont wonder if some of you tomorrow come up with a heading...

Alonso's Engine Failure: Accidental or a Ferrari, FIA Conspiracy?????
or Renault engineers bribed by Ferrari!!!
By Selcouth_Feline
I thought Alonso should have been penalised for the move through the chicane. The only reason IMO that he managed to gain a place was because he completely and utterly outbraked himself and he would never have made the turn otherwise. I was really surprised that the stewards didn't even look at the incident.

His engine failure? My guess is that maybe something worked it's way into his engine from the problems he had yesterday and that it caused some damage to the engine. It could even just be that their new engine isn't as reliable as the old one.
I don't think even I can see a conspiracy there ;)
By logan
I thought Alonso should have been penalised for the move through the chicane. The only reason IMO that he managed to gain a place was because he completely and utterly outbraked himself and he would never have made the turn otherwise. I was really surprised that the stewards didn't even look at the incident.

His engine failure? My guess is that maybe something worked it's way into his engine from the problems he had yesterday and that it caused some damage to the engine. It could even just be that their new engine isn't as reliable as the old one.
I don't think even I can see a conspiracy there ;)
Thank you ....atleast someone agrees with me.
By darwin dali
Good posts logan!
By bud
Whether youre defending or attacking if you cut the corner then you must yield! its the way in racing series all over the world. Its apart of racing Etiquette!

For a car to cut corner to retain postion when he has lost out by a car trying to overtake is just as bad as a car attacking taking a postion by outbraking himself and cutting the corner.
You can all dribble all the s*** you want to justify bullpoo the FIA has declared but the simple fact is Mike should of been penalized in Hungary he wasnt Charlie whiting has declared that move valid and in doing so has opened up the flood gates. FIA is a joke a corrupt joke.

On Alonso's engine well they all blow from time to time even the more reliable ones.
By Selcouth_Feline
Shrub - I completely agree.

I think Alonso was running a different spec engine this weekend anyway. With the new regs coming in that there will be an engine freeze (and I think the deadline for submitting the spec is up soon?), Renault maybe took a risk on an engine which wasn't fully prepared for the race.

Although I've enjoyed this season, it's almost beginning to look like WWF (or WWE or whatever they call themselves these days)
By logan
" Mike should of been penalized in Hungary he wasnt Charlie whiting has declared that move valid and in doing so has opened up the flood gates. FIA is a joke a corrupt joke."

Well and what do you have to say about what Alonso did in Monaco last year??
Alonso clearly did cut the chicane not once but twice in two laps while defending his postion which he eventually lost...I think it was against Webber and Heidfeld..

I dont remember Alonso was penalised then was he ..... forget the penalty no one even thought it was wrong then .......
How come only when the same is done by Shumi it's a big taboo????????
By Selcouth_Feline
FORMULA One is a sport that is manipulated and fixed in advance, Renault team chief Flavio Briatore sensationally claimed overnight.

Speaking after seeing his star driver, defending world champion Fernando Alonso, retire from the Italian Grand Prix with a blown engine, Briatore said this year's title race has been decided "around a table".

He told Italy RAI television network that it had been decided in advance that this year's world championship would be given to Schumacher, who won the race and then announced his intention to retire at the end of the season.

Briatore's outburst followed Spaniard Alonso's earlier accusation that Formula One was "no longer a sport", after he had been penalised for allegedly blocking Schumacher's Ferrari teammate, Brazil's Felipe Massa, during Saturday's qualifying session.

Alonso was relegated from fifth on the starting grid to 10th, and Schumacher's win hoisted him to within two points of the Spaniard with three races remaining this year.

Briatore said it was not the events of the race that bothered him most.

"What happened on Sunday isn't the problem. It is what happened before the race which is strange. This is a world championship, which has already been decided at the table," he said.

"We have understood how things go – it has all been decided . . . they have decided to give the world championship to Schumacher and that is what will be," he said.

Briatore compared his claims about race and championship-fixing in Formula One with the scandal surrounding Italian football in which Juventus, like Ferrari owned by Fiat, was found guilty and relegated from Serie A to Serie B.

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo said: "While I accept that there are people who talk about Ferrari from time to time, there is someone who talks too much and who missed a good opportunity to stay quiet.

"In life you need to have a little bit of class and so I prefer not to respond."

A spokesman for motor sports world governing body the FIA said: "The comments attributed to the Renault team principal have been noted by the FIA and are under consideration."

An extraordinary meeting of the FIA's world motor sport council has already been called for September 19 to consider a controversial podium presentation at the Turkish Grand Prix in Istanbul last month.

It is likely that comments made not only by Briatore but also by Alonso will now be considered and both men may be called to appear.

Clarification from Briatore
These comments which have been attributed to me in the press today have been completely taken out of context. A jokey remark has been turned into something it was not intended to be. I have every confidence in the governance of our sport and look forward to our team fighting and winning the Formula One World Championship this season.

I have every confidence in the governance of our sport and look forward to our team fighting and winning the Formula One World Championship this season.

Sarcasm perhaps?! ;)

See our F1 related articles too!