FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Introduce yourself, go on, don't be shy!
By jongloves
Hi,

Just a quick post to say hello. Everyone enjoying the start of the new season? Have to admit that the first race seemed something of a disappointment in the end let's hope things are more interesting tomorrow.

Great to see Lotus back though.

Where are Toyota this year? Have they recalled those as well

I have a question that someone who knows more than I do can probably answer. In the latter part of the first race a lot of the drivers were at least 4 or more seconds of the qualifying pace. I could understand that they still had some fuel on board at that stage but a lot of that differnce must have been down to the state of the tyres. If they are loosing that much due to tyres wouldn't it be worth a second stop for tyres, 10 or so laps from the end? Or were they just playing it conservative for the first race?

If nothing else it would liven things up a bit more.
By texasmr2
Welcome to the forum and to answer your question about " If they are loosing that much due to tyres wouldn't it be worth a second stop for tyres, 10 or so laps from the end?" the simple answer would be no. With only 10 laps to go any track advantage/points would be lost because the gaps between cars was not great enough for fresh tires to make up.
By jongloves
texasmr - Sure you're right and with the amount that the teams invested in this sure that they've analysed every option.

Interesting qualifying this morning.

Looks like Red Bull are going to be the ones to catch.
By darwin dali
Willkommen! Wo in Deutschland bist du her?
By suitcase
Willkommen! Wo in Deutschland bist du her?

You took the words right out of my mouth, DD :)

See our F1 related articles too!