FORUMula1.com

F1 and Motorsport Forums

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
By f1sp
#167029
Hi F1 Supporters

Yesterday I was shocked watching the Abu Dhabi Qualifying, when out of no where, commentator Martin Brundle made a racist comment, calling the Arab F1
supporters CAMELS. If the same comment was made by an Arab Commentator calling European supporters pigs, there would have been Uproar.
I love F1 and am sad to see such racism wrapped in humour creeping into the sport.
You can view the remarks on http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; on the F1 qualifying video. time of remarks 1:30 to 1:31
#167039
I expect the people who threw a tantrum over his "pikey" comments will be coming out of their shells soon. :(
#167049
I can't seem to find the video but if you were referring to the point at which HK was waving and Martin said something like 'don't know why he is doing that waving at camels' I think he was referring to the fact that he was waving to the desert and the lack of fans.
#167056
RA Dunk wrote:yet again the racist card played over nothing :nono:
Ah the old British knack of complaining about nothing... time to get Mary Whitehouse [R.I.P.] on the case!
#167070
myownalias wrote:
RA Dunk wrote:yet again the racist card played over nothing :nono:
Ah the old British knack of complaining about nothing... time to get Mary Whitehouse [R.I.P.] on the case!
lol not like an American to go sticking there noses in where there not needed ehh :hehe:

What you going to do now invade Scotland :rolleyes:
#167072
Rivelution wrote:
bud wrote:
Rivelution wrote:Man people get offended by everything these days...
I hate PC BS :irked:
PC? Like the computer? :confused:
yes its Mac all the way mate!


but no i meant Political Correct
#167077
Rivelution wrote:PC? Like the computer? :confused:
:hehe::hehe:

Nah, Political Correctness like bud said. :)

McLaren Racing opened its new state-of-the-art Rac[…]

Madring was a pretty dull race. I wouldn't mi[…]

Not sure yet, but it looks that way - Kimi is on[…]

Max Verstappen 33 Support

No chance with this year's Red Bull car (and […]

Swap-in out addons, use only what you really need!