FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
My site is almost complete and ready for action !!

After some discussions with Stephen he has suggested that I try adwords which I will have a go at over the weekend.

I was wondering if anyone here knows how to go about submitting my site to other search engines ? some software came as part of my "website package" but I haven't had a chance to look at it yet. There is an application called Ranking tool 4 i think which lists suggested key words and stuff.

Any help at all would be appreciated !!

Cheers guys !
Si
By Selcouth_Feline
I don't really have any experience with SEO or anything like that, but I guess the first thing to do is to submit your site to all the major search engines --->
http://www.google.co.uk/addurl/?hl=en&continue=/addurl
http://uk.search.yahoo.com/freesubmit/submit
so you have a greater chance of the bots finding and indexing you. I think if you use Adwords, the Google bot will come and visit your site to scan the text on it, so even if you don't plan to keep the ads, it might be a good idea to put ads on it in the first instance so that the bot at least knows you are there....
By simac
Thanks for that, very useful info !

Looks like i've got a busy weekend ahead :D
By Stephen
Nice post Selcouth - aside from submission to search engines, it's worth spreading yourself onto free directories etc - the more you link, the better, or rather quicker the search engines spiders will pick up your site. The more links the better the ranking IIRC.

Search the net for detail on 'meta tags' - these sit in your code and help search engines to index your page. Description/Content tags help spiders find the most relevant websites - ie. collectables/models etc for your site.

Also, try Adwords/Yahoo! Search Marketing - this will send targetted traffic to your site.

Ping me on MSN/YIM and i'll give you a little more detail, help, assistance with doing all this. It looks like a minefield, and it really is! ;)
By simac
I've followed the two links posted by Selcouth and registered/submitted there so that's started the ball rolling !

Thanks Stephen I will have a good look and will be in touch no doubt !

I appreciate the help guys :D
By certom
so...your site?

See our F1 related articles too!