FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Selcouth_Feline
Argh.....why did they not red flag it?! 10% of the race was under the safety car :roll: Wasn't surprised to see another accident after the safety car went off. I felt so sorry for Kimi :( Personally, I think it was JPMs fault, and after that, I'd be surprised to see him driving in F1 next year. It's a shame, but he was already struggling for a drive and he's not done himself any favours over the past couple of races.

Sorry to keep banging on about it but GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ITV. The crash happens, and instead of showing us the crash footage (which we didn't actually see for about 10 minutes), we cut to 5 minutes of ads. Gee, thanks.....

Nice to see Massa doing well though, and in fact well done to Fisi! So pleased that Alon-slow wasn't on the podium ;)

There was some great camera footage - I loved the upside-down shots :) It's a shame hardly anyone was sitting in the grandstands, but I guess after last year it's understandable
By schumi
Poor JPM won't get a job driving nails next year, it's a shame he has so much potential he just seems to have lost his way. At least it at least for a couple of weeks looks like the championship is not over. ITV is a discrace and the commentry is as far out as a lighthouse

Probably next year there won't be so many empty seats, people tend to forget fairly fast.

Come on Schumi you can do it.
By Selcouth_Feline
Have the stewards released their findings over the accidents yet?
By Stephen
I'm not sure Monty will be sidelined in 2007, he's a good driver, but he has to keep his cool on track and try harder to avoid incidents. Punting your team-mate off isn't the greatest thing he could have done on Sunday.

Well deserved win for Michael, and nice work by DC after his second pit stop.
By Selcouth_Feline
Talking of DC, a couple of nice quotes from the press conference:

David Coulthard
Firstly, a special thanks to Montoya for his contribution to my points finish!

Ron Dennis
We have looked at our data and the footage from various cameras and it's clear that as is often the case with accidents several things happened in close sequence. Heidfeld heavily squeezed Button, who squeezed Juan Pablo. Prior to those cars touching Juan Pablo ran into the back of Kimi who was making very effort to keep out of trouble.
:lol:

Apparently, there was actually a huge crowd there - estimated 120,000 people. I guess the stands are just too big!
By Stephen
And the main press conference is here (another thing ITV didn't shop):

Link
By neil
Adios JPM, I'm afraid your best days are behind you.
Here's a man that has never taken responsibility for his own actions.
By bud
JPM still has some races to show his worth.
By schumi
hate to agree with you Shrub but you're right he just lost his way and maybe if he sees where his career is going he might just get hungary again. I blame his marriage, women!!!!!!! about the press conference it seems even coronation street is more important
By bud
He should be in F1 next year i rekn he will be anyways
By schumi
he'll be in F1 i just hope it's not with a lesser team
By darwin dali
Rumors have it that Haug implored RD to sack JPM right away and make PdlR the second driver...
By Stephen
What during the US GP?
By darwin dali
What during the US GP?

Well, the US GP for the McLaren team was extraordinarily short, wasn't it? Loads of time to chat :twisted:
By Stephen
What during the US GP?

Well, the US GP for the McLaren team was extraordinarily short, wasn't it? Loads of time to chat :twisted:

Time for a poll me thinks! Thanks for clearing that up. :)

See our F1 related articles too!