FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Lewis didn't actualy lie apparently

He was asked did you willing let trulli though.

and he said no.

the telemetry shows he didn't slow down and trulli said he drove along side him and passed him.

He's just not gone on to say "but the team did order me to do so"

to be fair you have to say if you were in a meeting with your boss and your boss said were going to do this to you before the meeting.

And then when on to say somthing that wasn't stricly true you wouldn't condratict him would you?

But the footage shows that he did slow down.

the telemetry says otherwise i've read.

Trulli was wrong to over take him, Lewis was wrong to hold back infomation but he did not lie.

The punishment is very harsh still imo

Are you saying that the footage is somehow incorrect?

Furthermore, they didn't use telemetry, but compared lap times to ascertain whether or not Lewis slowed. Which is a flawed method, especially when you consider that Trulli slowed down three times to yield the position. Given the circumstances, Trulli was not wrong to pass Lewis. Watching the footage, you'll see how suddenly Lewis slows down and pulls over. In the same way as you would if you lost drive.

telemetry shows he didn't lift.

But according to McLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh, Hamilton did not slow down and offered no encouragement for Trulli to overtake: "Lewis didn't stop, and the telemetry data which was shown to the stewards today showed that the lap on which he was overtaken was no different from the succeeding lap that was under the safety car. It was difficult conditions but there was no evidence from the data that Lewis did anything that induced Trulli to go past.

He is visibly slower coming out of the corner and pulls off the racing line. You can't really argue with something that you can see...

In addition, why would Hamilton say that he had let Trulli past if Trulli had, in fact, passed without Lewis offering up the position?

He is visibly slower coming out of the corner and pulls off the racing line. You can't really argue with something that you can see...

In addition, why would Hamilton say that he had let Trulli past if Trulli had, in fact, passed without Lewis offering up the position?

i'm sorry

showed that the lap on which he was overtaken was no different from the succeeding lap that was under the safety car.

The FIA saw it he didn't slow down Trulli passed.

i'm sorry

showed that the lap on which he was overtaken was no different from the succeeding lap that was under the safety car.

That's funny. Because, if you look at it, he did slow down. I can't believe you're denying it. :rolleyes:

Actually watch the footage.
McLaren could face further sanctions

By Simon Strang Friday, April 3rd 2009, 17:42 GMT

The FIA has not ruled out taking further action against McLaren in the wake of Lewis Hamilton's disqualification from the Australian Grand Prix.

The Briton was excluded from the Melbourne race after the stewards deemed he and his McLaren team had 'deliberately misled' them about a radio conversation that took place after he had passed Toyota driver Jarno Trulli behind the safety car.

Following McLaren's decision to suspend its sporting director Dave Ryan, and Hamilton's emotional public apology to the FIA stewards and his fans for what he called a 'huge mistake', the FIA has indicated that it will review all the evidence before deciding whether to refer the matter to the World Motor Sport Council.

The sport's governing body also recognised the efforts at which the world champion had gone to explain himself, hinting that any further sanctions might be focussed on the team's role in the incident, rather than the driver's.

"We recognise Lewis's efforts to set the record straight today," said an FIA spokesman. "It would appear that he was put in an impossible position.

"We are now awaiting reports from the FIA observer and stewards before consideration can be given to further investigation of the team's conduct.

"We cannot rule out the matter being referred to the World Council at this stage."

When asked during his press conference at Sepang if he was concerned about the possibility of further action being taken against him and McLaren by the FIA, Hamilton said: "I am sure the FIA will act accordingly and in the right way. I don't know what else is going to happen in the future.

"For me now, I have to focus on the race and try to move forward from this, learn from it and grow."

If the matter is referred to the WMSC, McLaren could face a significant fine or even exclusion from races or the championship.

McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh said today that he felt 'deep regret' at the events of the past week, adding that the team wanted 'come clean' on its side of the story.

"It has become clear from discussions with Dave [Ryan] last night and through into this morning that during the stewards meeting after the Australian Grand Prix, he was not entirely full and truthful in the answers he gave the stewards," said Whitmarsh.

"Consequently we had no alternative today other than to suspend him. As you can imagine, it is a very sad day for the team. We have got to deal with this weekend. We have to look in a bit more detail all of the events that surrounded it."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74214

i'm sorry

That's funny. Because, if you look at it, he did slow down. I can't believe you're denying it. :rolleyes:

I DID

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3 ... 63,00.html

i'm sorry

I DID

"Speed traces" being speed traps?
I have to say I feel sorry for Dave, they keep saying they're all about the team yet they always seem to single out particular induviduals for punishment. To me it seems they want to appear like they are purging the dishonest induviduals yet these are usually the small fry who are following orders, this is unfortunate for those lower down in the pecking order

i'm sorry

I DID

Oh so Martin's a liar now?

lol

its a harsh punishment imo you have your own opinons.

end of.

i'm sorry

I DID

Oh so Martin's a liar now?

lol

its a harsh punishment imo you have your own opinons.

end of.

I did not use the words "Martin", "is", "a" or "liar" in my post. Nor did I imply it. I just asked you a question. But if you're just going to turn every post I make in to something negative, I'm not going to bother holding a discussion with you because it's just not worth doing.

and he said no.

the telemetry shows he didn't slow down and trulli said he drove along side him and passed him.

to be fair you have to say if you were in a meeting with your boss and your boss said were going to do this to you before the meeting.

And then when on to say somthing that wasn't stricly true you wouldn't condratict him would you?

Trulli was wrong to over take him, Lewis was wrong to hold back infomation but he did not lie.

Longbow, I like you, and I agree the punishment is a little harsh, but I fail to see how you can claim he didn't lie? He was specifically asked if he had let Trulli through and flatout denied it, the radio transmissions record him as having said that he in fact did let Trulli pass. It's open and shut.

and he said no.

Longbow, I like you, and I agree the punishment is a little harsh, but I fail to see how you can claim he didn't lie? He was specifically asked if he had let Trulli through and flatout denied it, the radio transmissions record him as having said that he in fact did let Trulli pass. It's open and shut.

He was asked did he intentionaly let trulli past

and he didn't because he did not slow down. (acording to whitmash)

He didn't tell the full story tho because he was forced not too.

Which isn't really a lie its more withholding info lawers do it all the time in court and the FIA have overeacted and made bigger fools of themself because of it.

FIA punishments are never suitible there always over the top ALWAYS

Spa, Vettle v Kubica @ Oz, Trulli, and now LH's DSQ are all examples of it.

I did not use the words "Martin", "is", "a" or "liar" in my post. Nor did I imply it. I just asked you a question. But if you're just going to turn every post I make in to something negative, I'm not going to bother holding a discussion with you because it's just not worth doing.

Fair enough but Martin is saying he didn't slow down and that the telematary shows that.
Read this part again Longbow:
"During the hearing, held approximately one hour after the end of the race, the Stewards and the Race Director questioned Lewis Hamilton and his Team Manager David Ryan specifically about whether there had been an instruction given to Hamilton to allow Trulli to overtake. Both the driver and the Team Manager stated that no such instruction had been given. The Race Director specifically asked Hamilton whether he had consciously allowed Trulli to overtake. Hamilton insisted that he had not done so. "

You can use what ever wording you like, mislead, omit, what ever, to try to underplay what they did but everyone else knows that what it's really called is lying and the quilty parties have apologized for it, so why are you still squirming around with this?

See our F1 related articles too!