FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
The collision itself is not that big a deal, though Prost did turn in early that is the simple fact of the matter, but he is entitled to. The racing aspect aside which was fair on both counts, what pisses most people off is the politics that decided not only the race outcome but the season as a whole. Please Andrew if you cannot see how Balestre gifted Prost the title then you're just plain ignorant to the simple facts of that day.

I take it you were watching that day? even though i was a youngen I recall the banter in school between the Prost and Senna fans. Fraf may be new to the sport having Hamilton as the enticement but entering a debate about something long gone is deadly, I myself don't tend to look at rivalries before my time as I do not know the entire story.

Yes he is entitled to, i dont know whats worse, that somehow thats cheating, fairs fair, its allowed, he did it.

Or that the Senna fans conveniently forget just how bloody often he did it, christ i watch the footage and he does it EVERY time someone gets a run, onto the grass, onto the wall, every time. Prost does it once (obviously not in his whole career but he was a gentleman racer almost all the time) to stop a ridiculously vain attempt to overtake him and hes a cheat. I got a question bud, are titles won over a race incident or a season? I was under the impression the title wasnt actually decided at suzuka, Senna clobbered Brundle in the remaining race, in which Prost even sat out for him to make it easy as possible, and he crashed into a backmarker.....

Mistakes like that^ were exactly the reason Prost won, Consistency is key, he might not have had a say in it but im sure as hell he was happy finishing second, second second to Senna, then getting all them points back when Senna goes and hits something, leaving Prost to win.

I dont think im an expert in the subject having not been there, moreover, how can you be, the whole thing is opinion, and mines my opinion. if anything looking back despite the modern nostalgia( elementary school infatuation) of Senna and then choosing to see Prost as the better driver says a truck load about what conclusions reasonably minded people can come to when they cut all the bullcrap.

My two cents.
um I don't think you understand the enormity of this one race, Championships are won and lost in one race when you happen to cross the finish line first, take the winners trophy and champagne on the podium only for your main rival to go to his bum buddy who was head of FISA and get him to disqualify you for some petty and unprecedented reason.

I know your feelings on Lewis' win in Belgium 08 being stripped off of him. This was 100 times worse for Senna
um I don't think you understand the enormity of this one race, Championships are won and lost in one race when you happen to cross the finish line first, take the winners trophy and champagne on the podium only for your main rival to go to his bum buddy who was head of FISA and get him to disqualify you for some petty and unprecedented reason.

I know your feelings on Lewis' win in Belgium 08 being stripped off of him. This was 100 times worse for Senna

Unfortunately taking out the race leader in order to win for yourself doesnt make you deserving of any win, race or championship.
Something that has always mystified me is that Prost and Senna playing at bumper cars (regardless of who's fault) are held up as great moments in F1, but Schumacher's dings-dongs with Hill and Villeneuve are held as some of the worst. Never really understood this.

Just a side thought, that's all.

Unfortunately taking out the race leader in order to win for yourself doesnt make you deserving of any win, race or championship.

haha the guy who was taken out was Senna, who was coming second at the time mate not first! Turning in early as Prost did is a cutting off move.

Why am I even bothering arguing with you, you are not a Prost fan, you never saw him race, you never thought Oh I have to watch Prost race today. You weren't around then!! you are just a bandwagon supporter who gets his information from youtube. :hehe:

Something that has always mystified me is that Prost and Senna playing at bumper cars (regardless of who's fault) are held up as great moments in F1, but Schumacher's dings-dongs with Hill and Villeneuve are held as some of the worst. Never really understood this.

I guess Senna and Prost in 89 was just a racing incident. while Schumi on Hill and Villenueve was a blatant move to take out the opponent. Senna and Prost in 90 Sazuka was blatant, but if you see the Senna movie you'd see it was somewhat justified.
The 30 year old Australian is telling me who i support and who i dont :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Right, youve consisntely been a bit of a knob, so im not replying to your posts again bud, sorry for one less person for you to argue with,

ill leave you with this,

Prost 4 titles, Senna 3 titles. Chew on that as much as you like mate, laters :thumbup:
The 30 year old Australian is telling me who i support and who i dont :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Right, youve consisntely been a bit of a knob, so im not replying to your posts again bud, sorry for one less person for you to argue with,

ill leave you with this,

Prost 4 titles, Senna 3 titles. Chew on that as much as you like mate, laters :thumbup:

haha bit of a knob hey, If you say so mr Kettle but whats the deal signalling out my nationality? I could use my British passport if being Australian offends you? either or Im not fussed.

As for who you support.. well the word support in the context you're using, usually refers to the here and now. Far as I know Prost is not in F1 any longer. So please enlighten me on how you supported him during his 4 well earned titles?

Probably because he intentionally did it for one, strike that, senna took out prost intentionally,

probably because he was much better a driver then that of his rivals and it really wasnt necessary or called for. He also did it twice in about 3 years to try or indeed settle a championship.

And of course the hypocrisy that plagues F1 fans.
Something that has always mystified me is that Prost and Senna playing at bumper cars (regardless of who's fault) are held up as great moments in F1

Rose

Tinted

Spectacles.

That's all......

See our F1 related articles too!