FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
As for 1990 They refused to change the grid slots after qualifying even when senna had pole and the right to request that so he went for the gap and prost squeezed him and lost.

Senna openly admitted to taking Prost out in 1990 so there was no squeezing and Prost losing out. Senna took Prost out to stop him.

'I said to myself: "OK, you try to work cleanly and do the job properly and then you get f**ked by stupid people. All right, if tomorrow Prost beats me off the line, at the first corner I will go for it, and he better not turn in because he is not going to make it. And it just happened.

'I wish it hadn't. He took the start and got the jump on me andI went for th first corner and he was turning and I hit him. We were both off and it was a sh*t end to the World Championship. It was not good for me and not good for F1. It was the result of the wrong decisions and partiality from the people inside making the decisions.

'I won the championship. So what? It was a bad example for everyone.
Its what happened afterwards that was amazing with Senna driving out of hi skin to take the win after that big off.

Following this he was disqualified.

WDC Robbed!

This. Is the attitude i always see that drives me nuts.

You make it sound like Prost finished 5th all season whilst Senna won by over a minute, and then somehow Prost still has a chance at the last race and because SENNA threw the championship away HIMSELF with that manoeveure, a WDC was robbed. Senna has nobody to blame but himself, if he could win the race after that incident, he surely could of won it if he had avoided that incident? Exactly. His Do or die attitude bit him like it should.

Tell me did Senna deserve the 1990 championship too, or was taking over a competitor that had the measure of you all season fair because you almost took him out the year before and he won the WDC.

Prost should have won 1988,89 and 90 if it werent for Senna-made points systems and cheating like ive never seen in F1 to this day.

I didn't say that at all, i'm saying Senna's recovery from the Chicane was legitimate and he shoudln't of been disqualified.

So to be 100% clear his chance of a WDC was Robbed.

As for 1990 They refused to change the grid slots after qualifying even when senna had pole and the right to request that so he went for the gap and prost squeezed him and lost.

he robbed himself of the wdc?

If you seriously think 1990 was Prosts fault then i dont know if you can be helped.

Your putting words into my mouth again! i said he was disqualified, and thefore he was robbed of the WDC by Jean-Marie Balestre who disqualified him.

He abused his power and manipulated the WDC.

1990 was again FIA's fault, Senna asked before quali if he got pole could the grid slot be changed and it was agreed this would be ok.

He got pole, but this was refused, it was perhaps Jean-Marie Balestre's hand again at work?

He then said if prost is ahead of me before the first corner then i'm going to over take him no matter what.

He did the colided Senna rightfully took the WDC.

1990 was Senna doing what he said he would do after Balestre
So Prost who had nothing to do with it, deserved to lose a title to a kid with the hump?

Your telling me, and this is not putting words in your mouth, your saying it. That Senna had the right to force a competitor off cause he dared to take a corner after Senna explained plublicly what would happen if he did.
So Prost who had nothing to do with it, deserved to lose a title to a kid with the hump?

Your telling me, and this is not putting words in your mouth, your saying it. That Senna had the right to force a competitor off cause he dared to take a corner after Senna explained plublicly what would happen if he did.

No but he did have the right to go for a gap.

True, but you cant complain when anytime Senna had this right, it didnt turn out well. 1989 was Senna going for a gap that wasnt there. 1990 was just taking a rival off to win. from 1988-90 Prost and Senna had a right to the title each year, but ive always felt and ive seen a lot, that all the Mclaren days should have been Prosts, as he had more points then Senna in 88 and was taken out needlessly in suzuka 89 when he was going to win, and 1990 should have been Sennas if only cause that pole side he wanted to switch should have been, and i guess taking out Prost was actually the only way to get back at the FIA, oh no wait it wasnt, cause there were 60 off laps left of the grand prix to take first place back... :rolleyes: ALL THREE SHOULD HAVE BEEN PROSTS.

True, but you cant complain when anytime Senna had this right, it didnt turn out well. 1989 was Senna going for a gap that wasnt there. 1990 was just taking a rival off to win. from 1988-90 Prost and Senna had a right to the title each year, but ive always felt and ive seen a lot, that all the Mclaren days should have been Prosts, as he had more points then Senna in 88 and was taken out needlessly in suzuka 89 when he was going to win, and 1990 should have been Sennas if only cause that pole side he wanted to switch should have been, and i guess taking out Prost was actually the only way to get back at the FIA, oh no wait it wasnt, cause there were 60 off laps left of the grand prix to take first place back... :rolleyes: ALL THREE SHOULD HAVE BEEN PROSTS.

I'm not complaining about that at all.

In 1989 Senna went for a gap, prost didn't budge (or as some say turned in on him) and they went off Senna recovered and drove amazingly to recover the win to only have it taken off him.

Thus the chance of a WDC was taken away by a steward which is disgusting because what he did was just recover not cut a chicane.

Senna won in 88 fair and square, was denied the chance in 89 and was the rightful winner in 90.

To say all should of been prosts is daft.

In 1989 Senna went for a gap, prost didn't budge (or as some say turned in on him) and they went off Senna recovered and drove amazingly to recover the win to only have it taken off him.

Thus the chance of a WDC was taken away by a steward which is disgusting because what he did was just recover not cut a chicane.

Senna won in 88 fair and square, was denied the chance in 89 and was the rightful winner in 90.

1988 was Senna's, weird points system but that's how it was for everyone.

Your way off though if you think someone was robbed in 1989 and justice was served in 1990.
Two wrongs don't make a right, re. 1990. Deplorable antics by both Senna and Balestre.

Despite that i think it was harsh at best for Senna to be DQ'd in 1989.

Senna going for gaps is one of the main reasons Prost had a chance at beating him in all three of them years, Senna won almost all the races he and Prost finished 1-2 but Prost was easier on the car and thus suffered less retirements AND the drawback of Sennas attitude like Prosts is that he was a points man not a go for the win man, was that Senna would needlessly take himself out with his own mentality.

Senna did not drive amazingly well, by the time Senna recovered did a whole friggin lap with a broken front wing, pitted and came out, he was only FOUR seconds behind the new leader, thats how dominant the car he drove was. Nanini didnt even fight for the position. Christ give Senna the credit where hes due like the pole laps by a second but dont make claims like that when it was pretty simple for Senna to do.

Senna did win in 1988 fair, but Prost had more points, the same decision by men in suitsthat decided to disqualify Senna a year later robbed Prost of a WDC, what comeback can you actually say to that, considering almost all seasons were decided on who has more points, sure thats the rules, but ive already stated Senna won it fairly. Im saying Prost was the man that should have won.

In 1989, Prost led the Grand Prix from Senna, who took what? 40 odd laps to close down a gap of a few seconds, if not less, he tried a maneouveure in desperation and took Prost out, how can you just paste over an incident in determining who should have won it like Senna taking out his rival whilst he drove on. The moment Prost got out and Senna continued is the moment the title should have been Prosts.

In 1990, Senna was denied the pole quite unfairly, but is it Prosts choice that JMB was bias towards him,no its not. Heres a quote from Senna at the 1992 Portugese GP " I think if Prost wants to come back (to Williams in 1993) in a sporting way, he should be sporting, the way he is doing, he is behaving like a coward. If he wants to be sporting he must be prepared to race anybody on equal terms."

1. You were the least sporting driver of the 80's ayrton.
2. You vetoed Derek Warwick from Lotus in 1985.

Hypocrite much?

To say all three should have been Prosts is an UNDERSTATEMENT.
" I think if Prost wants to come back (to Williams in 1993) in a sporting way, he should be sporting, the way he is doing, he is behaving like a coward. If he wants to be sporting he must be prepared to race anybody on equal terms."

Hypocrite much?

:clap: You just managed to have an argument with someone that's been dead most of your life.
" I think if Prost wants to come back (to Williams in 1993) in a sporting way, he should be sporting, the way he is doing, he is behaving like a coward. If he wants to be sporting he must be prepared to race anybody on equal terms."

Hypocrite much?

:clap: You just managed to have an argument with someone that's been dead most of your life.

Oh he can hear me WB, dont you worry bout that.....

Hypocrite much?

You got mad skillz.

Hypocrite much?

Of course he can,people speak to god loads :wink::hehe:
I think it's fair to say they are two of the very best drivers that ever lived,they were the best of a superb era of formula one.
If the car was set up perfect there was no beating Alain,anything else and Ayrton would ring the neck out of it.Here we are nearly 17 years after the death of the master and people still keep asking questions about it all,says it all really, legends.For me simply the best era of formula one I ever witnessed and I very much doubt it will ever be beaten.

See our F1 related articles too!