FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
[youtube]n50TWnKujrE[/youtube]

Senna's fault or Prost's fault?
I am not completely clear in this case and I guess I never will :-) Seems more like Prost's fault, accidental fault (didnt know about Senna trying to pass Prost). And it was unfair to blame Senna.

What is your opinion?
I think it was a racing incident, but Senna did make the move from waaaaay back! Also, it's very hard to tell from those onboard shots, imo.
Regardless of who's fault it was,for the record I agree with Scotty racing incident.The fact remains it's the one race Ayrton always said he was robbed of and I have to agree with him.
The reason he got disqualifed was rejoining the track from a different position.What was he ment to do go towards oncomming traffic head on?.Nope exactly was a joke and cost us the chance to see another title decided on the final weekend of the season.
if u cant say for sure whose fault is it, then it is racing incident :)
IMO Prost still had the lead yet Senna being the warrior he was tried to pass, simple racing incident and WOW what a scene that was! I fell out of my chair when I saw that take place.

Two great drivers with a will too win, I wish we had more of that today.
i would say racing incident, senna launches in and sadly prost was already there, but from what ive read, politics intervened, 22 years later nothing changes!!
.....i dont know tbh, looking at the side view as they went in it did look like Prost was to take the corner, and Senna did try something he couldnt pull off. But Prost won the title so i dont really fret over this year :thumbup: the 1988 point system and 1990 incident i could talk about though :hehe:
Seen this before, Senna simply too ambitious. It was Prost's line, if this happened today, Senna is justified to receive a drive-through.
Senna was thinking "I will either get passed or I will take him out, works for me both ways".

He never would have made that turn, he would have run straight on. I'm sure a few of you though would argue that his god given skills would have allowed him to defy the laws of physics and make the turn. He is Senna after all. :yawn:
well he did have a do or die attitude and i think he has to be applauded for that a case of live by the sword die by the sword
It was a disgraceful maneuver. Senna couldn't get by. Prost had the measure of him the whole race after Senna threw it away at the start.

The disqualification for cutting the chicane was stupid though, he should have been disqualified for that move. Makes Schumacher's move on Villeneuve in Jerez 97 look like child's play. Schumacher was DSQ from the whole championship never mind the race.

[youtube]CgfuoSFerDU[/youtube]
Its what happened afterwards that was amazing with Senna driving out of hi skin to take the win after that big off.

Following this he was disqualified.

WDC Robbed!

This. Is the attitude i always see that drives me nuts.

You make it sound like Prost finished 5th all season whilst Senna won by over a minute, and then somehow Prost still has a chance at the last race and because SENNA threw the championship away HIMSELF with that manoeveure, a WDC was robbed. Senna has nobody to blame but himself, if he could win the race after that incident, he surely could of won it if he had avoided that incident? Exactly. His Do or die attitude bit him like it should.

Tell me did Senna deserve the 1990 championship too, or was taking over a competitor that had the measure of you all season fair because you almost took him out the year before and he won the WDC.

Prost should have won 1988,89 and 90 if it werent for Senna-made points systems and cheating like ive never seen in F1 to this day.
Its what happened afterwards that was amazing with Senna driving out of hi skin to take the win after that big off.

WDC Robbed!

You make it sound like Prost finished 5th all season whilst Senna won by over a minute, and then somehow Prost still has a chance at the last race and because SENNA threw the championship away HIMSELF with that manoeveure, a WDC was robbed. Senna has nobody to blame but himself, if he could win the race after that incident, he surely could of won it if he had avoided that incident? Exactly. His Do or die attitude bit him like it should.

Tell me did Senna deserve the 1990 championship too, or was taking over a competitor that had the measure of you all season fair because you almost took him out the year before and he won the WDC.

Prost should have won 1988,89 and 90 if it werent for Senna-made points systems and cheating like ive never seen in F1 to this day.

I didn't say that at all, i'm saying Senna's recovery from the Chicane was legitimate and he shoudln't of been disqualified.

So to be 100% clear his chance of a WDC was Robbed.

As for 1990 They refused to change the grid slots after qualifying even when senna had pole and the right to request that so he went for the gap and prost squeezed him and lost.

WDC Robbed!

I didn't say that at all, i'm saying Senna's recovery from the Chicane was legitimate and he shoudln't of been disqualified.

So to be 100% clear his chance of a WDC was Robbed.

As for 1990 They refused to change the grid slots after qualifying even when senna had pole and the right to request that so he went for the gap and prost squeezed him and lost.

he robbed himself of the wdc?

If you seriously think 1990 was Prosts fault then i dont know if you can be helped.

See our F1 related articles too!