FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.

Favourite Corner in F1

130R (Susuka, Japan)
5%
Turn 8 (Istanbul, Turkey)
5%
Eau Rouge (Spa, Belgium)
52%
"The Wall Of Champions" (Circuit GV, Canada)
9%
Parabolica (Monza, Italy)
7%
"The Tunnel" (Monte Carlo, Monaco)
4%
Turn 3 (Catalunya, Spain)
No votes
0%
"Nurburgring" (Magny Cours, France)
No votes
0%
Peraltada (Circuit HR, Mexico)
4%
Other
14%
By internos2k
Old Nürburgring.

I'd like to see a gp there!
By Capelli
Eau Rouge for me too, But Paul Ricard has some great corners too, especially signes. :D
By Red Racer
Wall Of Chamions The Name Says It All
By DOOOMKULTUS
Wall Of Chamions,i mean it makes u loook stupid if u hit coming onto the home straight,Rouge is a series of turns (really not A corner),but also is gr8 as well.
By Woodchip
Estoril at Magny Cours (altough you could take the original corner from the Estoril circuit if you want). It's very much like Parabolica in that you really need to hit it at the right speed or your head to the scene of an accident.

Other than that Turn 1 at Indy for the overtaking potential.

Has everyone forgotten Karussell at the old Nurburgring?
By raithrover
Turn 8 for me, but Eau Rouge is pretty special as well.
By texasmr2
Has everyone forgotten Karussell at the old Nurburgring?

Pretty sure the topic is in relation to current track's used today.
What's your favourite corner in F1?? Be it Historic or just damn right amazing!! :D
nope. I can have Karrussell. :D

EDIT: I liked the old Tamberello at Imola as well, although it has some nasty memories now. In fact they've ruined Imola since Senna's death. It's a case of health and safety gone too far.
What's your favourite corner in F1?? Be it Historic or just damn right amazing!! :D
nope. I can have Karrussell. :D

That's what I get for not re-reading the first post to reaquaint myself, sorry :oops::wink: .
Last edited by texasmr2 on 23 Oct 07, 16:29, edited 1 time in total.
By psy.dr101
I think Karussel is my favourite corner on the nordschliefe.
By hamiltonh8er
lowes hairpin for me seeing a f1 car driving on a street a legal speeds and its the only corner in f1 a cheap digital camera can capture the picture you want.. eau rouge second 130r 3rd.
By onelapdown
Coming from the perspective of a driving sim racer, there's soooo many corners that would be above most of those on the list. the first two corners at Estoril were incredible near-flat white-knuckle rides, there's any number of corners at the old Nurburgring that could be cited, and the Masta Kink, done right, is probably my favourite, because done even slightly wrong it is as lethal as anything. Of the current tracks the Maggots-Beckets-Chapel complex at Silverstone is very nice indeed, although the esses at Suzuka and Eau Rouge are better still.

Just a second, I know what the best is :- Tiergarten at the old Nurburgring. It's the one at the end of the long straight, which gives you so much time to anticipate it. It's not quite flat out, but blind AND you get airbourne - with a very painful hedge and no slack whatsoever on the exit. It's almost at the end of the lap so it makes you think "just how much do I want to risk this lap time?". Simple but awesome.
By Osmella DJ
Eau Rouge is amazing and 130R looks so fluent (if thats the word) plus the hairpin in Monaco id glamorous. :o
Voted for the good old "wall of champions".

Eau Rouge is terrific, but is now the tamest it has ever been.

130R has suffered from the same thing, due to newer car technology, but still remains legendary.

However, the wall of champions STILL draws those guys into its unforgiving midst. Sebastian Vettel, of course, being the latest.

See our F1 related articles too!