FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
Looking at all the designs since I can remember, to me, it would be the 2004 Ferrari F1.
I would have to say the McLaren MP4/4 of 1988. Senna and Prost were the two best drivers of that year and they almost won every race except for one Jean Louis Schlesser :rofl::banghead: and only 24 laps all year weren't led by one of them (and most of them were in the last race)

And the Ferrari F2002 could have won races on 3 wheels it was that good :yikes:
The williams. '92/93, the ones that got 24 poles in a row. Does that count as two cars because it spans two seasons? Still pretty impressive though.
The williams. '92/93, the ones that got 24 poles in a row. Does that count as two cars because it spans two seasons? Still pretty impressive though.

I'm going with that one.
The 88 Mclaren was piloted by the 2 best drivers of all time.
Alfa Romeo 1950
McLaren 1988
Ferrari 2004
Williams 1992
Lotus 1967
McLaren 88. I think the only real reason they didn't win all races that year was because of divine intervention. Remember it was the year Enzo Ferrari died and Ferrari got a 1-2 at Monza after the Williams took Senna out. It doesn't get more spiritual than that in F1, even Bernie probably had half a tear in his eye that day.
Nothing beats the Brawn GP first half of the season. It was a joke, to see one team simply being in another racing class compared to the rest.
If you mean most dominating in terms of simply crushing the opposition and winning races combined with bulletproof reliability then you'd have to give it to either the 2004 Ferrari or the 1988 McLaren. If you mean purely performance advantage then their simply is no argument - it is the 1992 Williams. It was taking poles and fastest laps by huge margins. If it weren't for some reliability issues it would have easily gained another 40 points or so too (80-100 under the 2010 points system). I shudder to think just how dominating that car would have been the next season had Mansell stayed on to partner Prost in it for 1993, though ultimately I'm glad he didn't as it gave us such great fights between Prost and Senna for the final time!
Williams FW14b, certainly in terms of how much quicker that car was than everything else. The McLaren MP4/4 had the best driver lineup (ever) which is why it won so many races. But looking at the record of the Ferrari F2002, it won 15/17 races and Schumacher finished on the podium in EVERY race. A better record than the McLaren. Erm...

Special mentions for the Williams FW15c, FW18, Ferrari F2004, McLaren MP4/5, the Brawn and the Renault R26 pre-mass damper ban.

See our F1 related articles too!