FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
I agree about the Hill-Stewart one, it definitely looks photoshopped to me which is why I didn't post it originally. I had a look around to try and find an original source but couldn't find one so I assumed it was a fake and posted the Jackie Stewart one instead.

Amanda, is that 3rd pic of yours at Solitude?

According to the place I stole it from, yes. I really wouldn't have a clue otherwise.

Yeah it looks like the orginal jackie one, edited to make it wider and jackie's car smaller and rotated abit. Then another car placed behind it with a fake shadow.

Take away the shadow though and..

Looks more authetic no?
Last edited by Gaz on 15 Feb 10, 23:52, edited 1 time in total.
paulricard89.jpg

everytime I see that pic I start singing "I am a passenger"

Well, here's hope you won't quit your day job :P

my day job!

I am a worm farmer, did you know it is a difficult job. the most basic thing we have to do is use a tuning fork. Most people believe that the number on them is to show the frequency but that is not correct. the number shows how many worms you get out of the ground in a minute if you strike the fork and place it in the ground. The worms are attracted to the vibration because they think it is rain. Just like F1 the number is effected by things like air pressure, temperature, and humidity. Remember the early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese
Even by the time wings were appearing the cars could still get airborne, like James Hunt's Hesketh here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am a worm farmer, did you know it is a difficult job. the most basic thing we have to do is use a tuning fork. Most people believe that the number on them is to show the frequency but that is not correct. the number shows how many worms you get out of the ground in a minute if you strike the fork and place it in the ground. The worms are attracted to the vibration because they think it is rain. Just like F1 the number is effected by things like air pressure, temperature, and humidity. Remember the early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese

Better you than me :D ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD9pPMIh ... PL&index=3

Better you than me :D ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD9pPMIh ... PL&index=3

OMG that is horrible, how can people battery farm worms, mine are free range lol

14 tons of zoopoo a week nice
I agree about the Hill-Stewart one, it definitely looks photoshopped to me which is why I didn't post it originally. I had a look around to try and find an original source but couldn't find one so I assumed it was a fake and posted the Jackie Stewart one instead.

Amanda, is that 3rd pic of yours at Solitude?

According to the place I stole it from, yes. I really wouldn't have a clue otherwise.

Yeah it looks like the orginal jackie one, edited to make it wider and jackie's car smaller and rotated abit. Then another car placed behind it with a fake shadow.

Take away the shadow though and..

Looks more authetic no?

i agree, it was the track texture and the shadows that made me suspicious but also now i think about, not many pictures of the jump at Quiddelbacher show the cars getting airborn at an angle like that, its not hard to lineup that one and somebody of Jackie's judgment would not be listing over that jump. if anything, the track cambers inward at that point so in fact, Jackie's car is leaning the wrong way.
This picture from the 1969 Eiffelrennen shows the slight effect of the camber...

@Amanda, Solitude is one of my all time favourite tracks, up there with the Nordschleife and the old Spa for me.

i agree, it was the track texture and the shadows that made me suspicious but also now i think about, not many pictures of the jump at Quiddelbacher show the cars getting airborn at an angle like that, its not hard to lineup that one and somebody of Jackie's judgment would not be listing over that jump. if anything, the track cambers inward at that point so in fact, Jackie's car is leaning the wrong way.
This picture from the 1969 Eiffelrennen shows the slight effect of the camber...

As Jackie Oliver demonstrates

An iconic livery, and it's great to see that it survives to this day and looks nice on the Lola Aston Martin LMS cars. :yes:

You can see here how the teams this year got the inspiration on how to hide their diffusers. :P

lemans88.jpg

webber.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 7UpJordan on 16 Feb 10, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.
How to get sacked by Guy Ligier - as demonstrated by De Crasheris.

See our F1 related articles too!