FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.

Which has been the best decade for F1?

50's
No votes
0%
60's
2%
70's
9%
80's
33%
90's
35%
00's
22%
the last 4 or so years of f1 was quite good, but for me the ferrari domination always stands out, like their livery

the 90's for me domination by williams mclaren and benetton, the days of minardi arrows ligier prost jordan tyrrell pacific forti simtek etc, the privateer days
^^ Same.

It also was the era when I first got into F1 and it's very nostalgic for me looking back. I started following F1 from around 1995 so anything before that period I don't exactly have the memories of watching live. The 90s was a marvellous era.

I'm very much looking forward to the next decade ahead, as others have stated. Some incredibly talented drivers working their way up through the ranks, with a couple who should already be in the top teams - and not sitting in the midfield :nono: Fingers crossed that Kubica makes a full recovery. We've seen such recoveries before in F1, let's hope this is another successful one. Kobayashi desparately belongs a seat in one of the top cars. Red Bull or Ferrari for sure. Ferrari in particular would suit him best I think.

Exciting times ahead :wavey:
I can't pick a decde but I can pick 10 years that were great. 1994 - 2004 were some of the best I've seen in F1.

That's actually 11 years :P

Ok 11 years then. Jeeze...................

:hehe:
I can't pick a decde but I can pick 10 years that were great. 1994 - 2004 were some of the best I've seen in F1.

Mmmmm, those years included some serious Ferrari domination in '02 and '04...... :vomit:

Mmmmm, those years included some serious Ferrari domination in '02 and '04...... :vomit:

Yep, loved it. Schumacher and Ferrari ruling the roost was a golden age. I guess it comes down to who you supported at the time if you enjoyed it or not. :wink:

Yep, loved it. Schumacher and Ferrari ruling the roost was a golden age. I guess it comes down to who you supported at the time if you enjoyed it or not. :wink:

Well I well and truly didn't. So glad those days are over. :chainsaw:

At least the tifosi had a rave though. :wink:

But if it was someone who you support and a team you support you would have loved it wouldn't you?

Incidently, I don't support Ferrari anymore. Just want to clear that one up.

But if it was someone who you support and a team you support you would have loved it wouldn't you?

Oh of course, it's great to see a team / driver you love win, yes. I have a huge respect for Ferrari, and all they've achieved, despite not really liking them.

But I have nothing against their supporters. As far as I'm concerned, we're all fans of the same sport. :thumbup:

you changed teams??? ooooooohhhh :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!