FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.

Which has been the best decade for F1?

50's
No votes
0%
60's
2%
70's
9%
80's
33%
90's
35%
00's
22%
i would have to say 80s-90s even though i wasnt around!, we had senna, prost, lauda, mansell, piquet , berger a cream of top drivers! but the noughties has been pretty good too, schumacher, vettel, hamilton, button (at the end), alonso, webber, kubica, raikkonen, massa.
The late 80's and earlier 90's were my favourite times. The Senna, Mansell, Piquet and Prost battles will never be matched again in my opinion.
The late 80's and earlier 90's were my favourite times. The Senna, Mansell, Piquet and Prost battles will never be matched again in my opinion.

Totally agree. it wasnt one decade, it was period in 2 decades. best fights ever
I voted for 00s, the 1990s were great too. I have never been fond of the 1970s or 1980s and too many people were getting killed in the 1950s and 1960s. Each era has had its own great teams, drivers, tracks etc but the 2000s saw the greatest driver of all time demonstrating his genius and that was a pleasure to watch.

:thumbup:

yeah, but those 5 seasons with Schumi were kinda booring, cause he made others look foolish
Struggling to see how only two drivers able to compete for the title from 88-90 then only one with a chance in 91, a dominant car in 92,93 qualifies as the best decade, no matter who the drivers were.

Funny the lack of votes for pre-80's

You wanna know why that is, cause the 80's is right on the borderline of the nostalgia factor being the present 2011. Any further back then that and the majority wont of seen it, and those that did will be getting older.
the eighties for me as there was the battles between villeneuve and pironi at ferrari the lauda and prost at mclaren then you can throw in piquet and mansell plus the emergence of senna the mclaren mp4/4 which won 15 out of 16 races only losing at monza to ferrari in the year enzo ferrari died.
The set up for this current decade is great.

We already have the protagonists;

* Lewis Hamilton
* Sebastian Vettel
* Fernando Alonso
* Robert Kubica (hopefully!!!)
* Jenson Button
* Mark Webber

And the up and coming stars;

* Sergio Perez
* Kamui Kobayashi
* Nico Rosberg
* Paul di Resta

We'll see some classics I'm sure. :drink:
The set up for this current decade is great.

We already have the protagonists;

* Lewis Hamilton
* Sebastian Vettel
* Fernando Alonso
* Robert Kubica (hopefully!!!)
* Jenson Button
* Mark Webber

And the up and coming stars;

* Sergio Perez
* Kamui Kobayashi
* Nico Rosberg
* Paul di Resta

We'll see some classics I'm sure. :drink:

:yes:
1950s= get that hay bail up and lets bloody race
1960s= were dying but its still fun....this new thing called racing!!!!
1970s= these cars are too fast....lets put turbos on them
1980s= were starting to get somewhere....fast
1990s= wtf is going on? the cars look stupid with that nose
2000s= hmmmm boring? a bit james bondish????
1950s= get that hay bail up and lets bloody race
1960s= were dying but its still fun....this new thing called racing!!!!
1970s= these cars are too fast....lets put turbos on them
1980s= were starting to get somewhere....fast
1990s= wtf is going on? the cars look stupid with that nose
2000s= hmmmm boring? a bit james bondish????

2000s are boring???? :nono: Ferrari domination is always boring, but that was only 5 years......

See our F1 related articles too!