FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
Silverstone - Tarmac from the old circuit still exists at maggots

I've noticed this too, infact if you look on Google Earth behind the Becketts complex grandstand, there's still some kerbing from the Club circuit Becketts corner (which takes you off the Grand Prix circuit and down the club circuit). :yes:
I've stood outside the perimeter fence at the Nurburgring, nothing was happening as it was winter and the track was snowed over.

:)
Well, years ago I visited Indianapolis (more like a drive through) and stopped at the Brickyard. For some reason the gate was wide open so I drove inside to look around. After a short while some uniformed fatso called us back. But hey, I was inside the stadium with my own car :hehe:
After a short while some uniformed fatso called us back.:

It wasn't Montoya was it? :hehe:
I've stood outside the perimeter fence at the Nurburgring, nothing was happening as it was winter and the track was snowed over.

:)
Well, years ago I visited Indianapolis (more like a drive through) and stopped at the Brickyard. For some reason the gate was wide open so I drove inside to look around. After a short while some uniformed fatso called us back. But hey, I was inside the stadium with my own car :hehe:

this is awesome! :thumbup:
no order= indy,8 times,watkins glen,14 x,detroit,1x ,spa, 4x,zolder, 2x,ti circuit, 1x,monza,2x,n-ring the old one,4x, solitude,1x,hockenheim,3x,the only g.p. at le mans,reims,2x,paul richard,2x,clement-ferrand,1x,trois rivers,2x,,montreal,27x,mosport,2x,st.jovit.1x,adelade,1x,zeltweg,1x,brands hatch,2x,zandvoort,2x,mexico city,1x,monte carlo,4x,montjuich park,2x,interlagos 1x=enough. real question is how many beers did i have at these tracks? my saying is. what is a race track? a black ribbon of road surrounded by a tavern. cheers burt.
no order= indy,8 times,watkins glen,14 x,detroit,1x ,spa, 4x,zolder, 2x,ti circuit, 1x,monza,2x,n-ring the old one,4x, solitude,1x,hockenheim,3x,the only g.p. at le mans,reims,2x,paul richard,2x,clement-ferrand,1x,trois rivers,2x,,montreal,27x,mosport,2x,st.jovit.1x,adelade,1x,zeltweg,1x,brands hatch,2x,zandvoort,2x,mexico city,1x,monte carlo,4x,montjuich park,2x,interlagos 1x=enough. real question is how many beers did i have at these tracks? my saying is. what is a race track? a black ribbon of road surrounded by a tavern. cheers burt.

What was Solitude like? I've always wanted to look round there
Never been to an actual circuit, someday...

I've walked the streets of Singapore where the GP was held, it was pretty cool thinking that F1 cars were going to be on those streets.

I think I'd really like to see Spa, I never knew the history of it until recently.
gilles,solitude was awsome.all public roads,and VERY dangerous.it was lined w/trees almost the whole way .i remember that in a program that i had there was a whole bunch of pages on what spectators should not do.dan gurney held the fastest lap in a f1 porsche.great place to watch as,like the ring you were very close to the track.behind chickenwire fencing.it always drew a huge crowd. burt. i forgot to add the hungaroring to my list.last euro race i was at-but i have a excuse-i went to a weeding w/my buddy's family from there and it was a real drink fest. the stewdess on the flight home asked what elese was needed ,i said more barf bags. gave me a odd look. burt.

I've walked the streets of Singapore where the GP was held, it was pretty cool thinking that F1 cars were going to be on those streets.

I think I'd really like to see Spa, I never knew the history of it until recently.

I think it's a toss up between the old Spa and Charade for my favourite F1 circuit of all time.

I think it's a toss up between the old Spa and Charade for my favourite F1 circuit of all time.

Yeah, after watching the intro before that GP, I got really curious.

I don't know Charade, I'm going to have to look that one up!

Yeah, after watching the intro before that GP, I got really curious.

I don't know Charade, I'm going to have to look that one up!

You'll probably find it under the name Clermont Ferrand (sp?) which is the nearest big town and the name of the modern refurbishment of part of the old circuit. I'd love to visit, I've been to that part of France and I love it. There's not much at Spa, the old Masta Kink is a truck stop and there is a traffic island on the old Masta Straight. There aren't even any of those nice old restaurants you get in Europe with loads of racing memorabilia. The Belgian's are bloody useless! The locals seem to have so much apathy for the Grand Prix, you wouldn't even know they hold one there. And I bet it's the only reason anyone ever visits that part of the world.

See our F1 related articles too!