FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By 7UpJordan
Piquet and Salazar at Hockenheim 1982, purely for the aftermath...

"And take that!! Oh my goodness!!" :rofl:
By EwanM

Did you notice all through that race James Hunt kept going "naughty"?
By 7UpJordan

He used to use it quite a lot too, particularly when somebody was blocking or shutting the door very hard. :yes:
By EwanM

He used to use it quite a lot too, particularly when somebody was blocking or shutting the door very hard. :yes:

:rofl:
By madbrad
WTF the crash that killed Ayrton was the best???

anyway

I found Ratzenberger's fatal shunt the most gut wrenching/heart stopping to watch, as well as Greg Moore's.

Second place for cringe factor to me is Barricelo's that he had the same weekend as Senna and Ratzenberger, and Toronto 1996, Jeff Krosnoff.
By Rivelution
WTF?? Anyone who looks for a 'best' F1 crash is not a race fan.

I found Ratzenberger's fatal shunt the most gut wrenching/heart stopping to watch, as well as Greg Moore's.

Yeah both of those are terrible too watch. Another one just as bad was when Gonzalo Rodriguez crashed head on into the barrier at the top of the corkscrew in 1999. You just cringe when you hear the car hit the wall, and the track manager told me how gruesome it was when he was cleaning up all the blood on the ground.
By darwin dali
This is a sick topic. I was tempted to lock it right away after reading the first post, but you guys turned it around to make it tolerable despite the ill-conceived title.
As probably the only member here who has witnessed RK's crash in Montreal live right there, I will refrain from posting here, but will keep an eye on the topic.
By scotty
By EwanM
I was watching all three of these races live and was like WTF!!! :yikes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssAFmG81oqo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1uKlyZDYcg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd8q5HoB ... re=related

Yes the title should be 'Worst F1 Crash'. :yes:

De Crasheris, holy crap! :eek: I don't like seeing that Berger accident though, was he ok?

He was fine, had to miss the next gp due to bad burns on his hands, but was fine after that. A terrible accident. It was Piquet's then Berger's crashes at Tamburello which led to Berger and Senna questioning the safety of the corner. Sadly nothing was done.

See our F1 related articles too!