FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By Cueball
What Do You think is the worst Formula 1 crash ?

i probaly think its robert kubica's cash or when ayrton senna's crash when he died ( R.I.P)
By h-tomek
What Do You think is the best Formula 1 crash ?

i probaly think its robert kubica's cash or when ayrton senna's crash when he died ( R.I.P)

I think that the title of topic is whole wrong, it should be worst F1 crash, not best. How can crash even be good?
By McLaren Fan
What kind of thread is this? Are you twisted?
By EwanM
There is really no need to be discussing this, but if you must, please do not glorify accidents.
By stonemonkey
most spectacular crash?

and without serious injury.
By stonemonkey
TBH I can't really think of any, It's quite sad when there's a big accident and you're watching the rest of the race waiting to hear if everyone's alright. The year or two that the two marshals were killed was terrible.
By EwanM
TBH I can't really think of any, It's quite sad when there's a big accident and you're watching the rest of the race waiting to hear if everyone's alright. The year or two that the two marshals were killed was terrible.

Ralf Schumacher and Johnny Herbert - Monza 1997. There's one

Schumacher and Hill's two coming togethers in 1995.

These aren't my personal choices, only to get the ball rolling
By McLaren Fan
OK, the pile up in Spa in the rain. 1998

:yes:
By Denthúl
When it comes to big accidents, I'm always filled with fear, even though I know that safety is so much better than ever before. Take, for example, Kubica in 2007 - I really thought he'd be coming out of that with some serious injuries, not just a sprained ankle which forced him to miss a single race. It's also interesting to compare Kovalainen's accident at Catalunya last year with Schumacher's at Silverstone in 1999. If I remember correctly, Schumacher did not go nearly as far in to the tyre wall as Kovalainen did, and yet he broke both of his legs whereas Kovalainen did not.
By EwanM
Brundle in Melbourne 1996 is another big accident - hw was he fine after that?
By racechick
Indianapolis 500 this one. Amazing chain reaction crash. Some classic names in the race too. It was so unbelievably dangerous back then.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkJ5g9_YdDYIncredibley no one was killed in this crash.

I looked at the 64 race too. Two deaths in that race so i dont want to post it. What i found strange was the matter of fact way the deaths were announced and then the race just carried on. It was a different world!
By stonemonkey
Indianapolis 500 this one. Amazing chain reaction crash. Some classic names in the race too. It was so unbelievably dangerous back then.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkJ5g9_YdDYIncredibley no one was killed in this crash.

I looked at the 64 race too. Two deaths in that race so i dont want to post it. What i found strange was the matter of fact way the deaths were announced and then the race just carried on. It was a different world!

I think it was just thought to be part of racing, I read somewhere that there was a time when Jackie Stewart started his campeign for safety that other drivers were making chicken noises at him in the pitlane.
By racechick

I think it was just thought to be part of racing, I read somewhere that there was a time when Jackie Stewart started his campeign for safety that other drivers were making chicken noises at him in the pitlane.

Yeah I heard something like that too.

See our F1 related articles too!