FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By 7UpJordan
all i can say is he better not crash it. :)

:yes::rofl:

:whip::rofl:

Good job we'll never see Sir Frank entrust Nico Hulkenberg with something like the FW11, FW14B etc, because Hulkenberg beached both the 2008 and 2009 cars in just a simple shake-down test. :yes:
By scotty
all i can say is he better not crash it. :)

:yes::rofl:

:whip::rofl:

Good job we'll never see Sir Frank entrust Nico Hulkenberg with something like the FW11, FW14B etc, because Hulkenberg beached both the 2008 and 2009 cars in just a simple shake-down test. :yes:

Although that said, Hamilton did have an accident in the pitlane... twice. :twisted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z0hjQryQGs - Shakedown @ Silverstone

The sound! The sound!

:flamethrower::bouncy1:
By 7UpJordan
That was a brilliant clip. :thumbup:
By EwanM
Bruno gave two brief comments about his experience of the MP4/4 on his twitter.

I had my first taste of the McLaren MP4/4 this morning. The second outing is scheduled shortly...about 21 hours ago from web

It's awesome!! The hill climb is very short, a little longer than 1 minute, but the engine has plenty of power...about 21 hours ago from web

I'll post more if he says anything else about it. Kind of a pointless post, but that is from the horses mouth.
By EwanM
Hamilton misses out on Senna chance

By Jonathan Noble Saturday, July 4th 2009, 20:35 GMT http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/76700

Lewis Hamilton will have to wait a bit more to get behind the wheel of one of childhood hero Ayrton Senna's cars, after being robbed of the chance to demonstrate one of the Brazilian's machines at Goodwood on Sunday through a mechanical failure.

The reigning world champion had been scheduled to give Senna's 1988 title-winning MP4/4 car a run at the Goodwood Festival of Speed on Sunday, but the machine has been sidelined after its gearbox broke on Saturday during a demonstration run by Bruno Senna.

Although deeply upset about missing out on an opportunity to follow in the footsteps of Senna, Hamilton told AUTOSPORT on Saturday night that he is equally unhappy for the fans attending tomorrow's event.

"I'm really disappointed not to be driving the McLaren MP4/4 up the Goodwood hill tomorrow - not only for myself and for the guys at McLaren who worked so hard to prepare it but also, and most importantly, for the Goodwood spectators," explained Hamilton, who will now demonstrate his title-winning 2008 MP4-23, plus a Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren.

"There's something a bit special about Goodwood - and there's something a bit special about any ex-Senna Formula 1 car, too. So I'm sure the Goodwood spectators were really looking forward to watching it in action just as much as I was looking forward to driving it.

"Having said that, I'll still be doing two runs in the McLaren MP4-23, the car I won the world championship in last year. It'll be a nice feeling to get back into it because it was and is a truly fantastic car.

"I'll also be doing a run in a Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren - which, with 627bhp, is an extremely quick road car."

Although Hamilton is upset that he has missed out on the chance to get behind the wheel of the car driven by his hero, he does take some consolation from the fact that the Brazilian's nephew Bruno did manage to show it off to fans on Saturday.

"I'm really sorry I won't be able to show the Goodwood spectators just what I could have done in a McLaren MP4/4," he explained. "As I say, I was really looking forward to driving it. But it's an old car - and, although Bruno [Senna] managed three runs in it at Goodwood this year already, its gearbox failed on his fourth run.

"At least Bruno got a chance to drive it, and to show it off to the Goodwood spectators, so that's the main thing I guess."

That is a real shame :(
:(
By scotty
Bollocks, i didn't know it went out on saturday - an engineer told me about the terminal problem on sunday. :(
By Jamie
...i think this is definitely the one sitting at MTC :wink:

That is an awesome/beautiful photo.

Awesome shot ;)
Could we see him in the photo above, maybe in the new McLaren ;)

- I was thinking last night, would McLaren run a car in the FOTA Series?-
The new FOTA series should have 1988 regulations. :twisted:

See our F1 related articles too!