FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By rev
Lewis Hamilton will be driving Ayrton Senna's legendary McLaren MP4/4 at Goodwood this year. Short video of the mechanics prepping the ol' girl up..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htxV1NwfT3g

I'm envious for all who'll be seeing this over there in the flesh!!
By 7UpJordan
It was only a matter of time before Hamilton would get in the cockpit of the MP4/4, particularly the way he always talked about the car and that it is his favourite.
By Gaz
that car is almost as much as a ledgend as the person who orginaly drove it.

they should just take it to germany rather than the Mp-24 might actualy win a race then :P
By rev
Will definitely be a fitting tribute to Senna..15 years on! Along with the Williams FW14, this has gotta be one of my favorites of all time. There was a good article on the November '08 issue of F1 Racing on the MP4/4...would love to hear this car live, just that sweet sound of the turbo hissing...
By texasmr2
That is a fantastic video!! :thumbup:

will be an emotional day for Lewis no doubt! I know i would cry if i got to drive that car :wink:

:yes:

that car is almost as much as a ledgend as the person who orginaly drove it.

they should just take it to germany rather than the Mp-24 might actualy win a race then :P

:rofl::yes:
Fantastic video. Even with the engine virtually idling, it sounded great. :ahahah:

Does anybody know which MP4/4 they are using? Donington had one on display, but it was not there last week. Could that be the one they are using?
By bud
Fantastic video. Even with the engine virtually idling, it sounded great. :ahahah:

Does anybody know which MP4/4 they are using? Donington had one on display, but it was not there last week. Could that be the one they are using?

I thought its the one from the MTC but it could be the Donington one if it wasnt there when you were there last week. :confused:
By scotty
Oh man, that's sealed the deal, so blatantly going to Goodwood now... :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
By rev
...i think this is definitely the one sitting at MTC :wink:

By texasmr2
I love and hate your new avatar Rev and hope you know what I mean?

Oh man, that's sealed the deal, so blatantly going to Goodwood now... :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

:thumbup: I have always wanted to attend Goodwood.
By rev
thanks tex...it's a great piece of Senna photography taken by Sutton...
By headless
all i can say is he better not crash it. :)

:yes::rofl:

:whip::rofl:

See our F1 related articles too!