FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
Couldn't find an older thread Lew? :wink::hehe:

Well, if I'm online and not much is happening, then there's nothing better than digging out an old thread and injecting a bit of life into it again :thumbup:
I would say that some bloke who only did 2 races in 1958 was the most important driver in F1 History. He drove a Connaught Alta in both races. He did not Qualify for Monaco, and he did not start the British one. He is also blind in one eye, so he has overcome a disability, to get where he is today, You are indeed the most important driver in F1 history Mr Bernie Ecclestone.
In terms of racing and racing skills for thier era Tazio Nuvolari followed closely by Bernd Rosemeyer.

In terms character and example-setting Sir Stirling Moss.

In terms of bringing people to watch F1 - Michael Schumacher

In terms of excitment to watch Giles Villeneuve

In terms of proving the best over time against quality opposition Alain Prost

In terms of screwing up a sport I love Bernie Eccelstone
Niki Lauda for his well-educated opinions well into his retirement.

I went fishing here and no one - absolutely no one - took the bait? :(

Baiting and provocative posts aren't allowed under the rules here mate - be careful! :nono:
We're surely allowed to jest right? I think you confused my baiting with the illegal baiting. :)

I commented because I wanted someone to crack a Niki Lauda joke. I don't think that's against the rules - I was hoping people could see the joke and tell me what a funny guy I am. Then they would proceed to bow down and do an act of obeisance to me. :bowdown::bowdown:

And I would be forever known as the forum clown and have the satisfaction of being the funniest guy to ever grace this forum. Perhaps I was just being a "try-hard," and should go back to what I know - twisted facts about Vettel's greatness. :thumbup:

My real answer to this thread is Fangio. He was likely instrumental in sparking interest in the sport initially. :wink:

I have now resurrected a thread that was doomed to cellar-dom. What do you guys think about Fangio? I see that he was always in the best car. Hence his statistic of 92% of starts from the front row. So did Fangio really deserve to be called the best driver of his era?
I've confused nothing. Re-read the rules please. Baiting is baiting - i'm sick of dealing with arguments as it is! Don't need extra to deal with. Loaded comments like that, especially when you go back and quote yourself for emphasis, cause trouble unnecessarily.
In terms of racing and racing skills for thier era Tazio Nuvolari followed closely by Bernd Rosemeyer.

In terms character and example-setting Sir Stirling Moss.

In terms of bringing people to watch F1 - Michael Schumacher

In terms of excitment to watch Giles Villeneuve

In terms of proving the best over time against quality opposition Alain Prost

In terms of screwing up a sport I love Bernie Eccelstone

You're having a hard time choosing from the menu! :hehe:
Hmmm... Didn't think a Niki Lauda joke could end up in an argument. And I quoted myself to remind everyone that I, the not-funny Big Azza made a joke and absolutely no one saw it. Perhaps if I had quoted myself and said - "Didn't anyone see my joke?" instead of what I did say, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

Anyways, sorry for breaking the rules.

See our F1 related articles too!