FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
So, which team do you miss the most?

I miss the old Jordan-Honda. Their yellow cars were the best looking. :yes:

:(

Yeah, I really liked the Jordan team. Their yellow cars were great looking, particularly their 1999 livery. Their old 7Up colours were great too.

Another small team I miss is Minardi. They had a lot of soul and passion, so it was a shame to see them go. I also loved Stoddart's outspoken comments.

It's sad to have seen Tyrell and Brabham die out as well. They were great names and did a fair bit for Formula One.

The team that I miss most is Lotus. Without Chapman's innovations Formula One would be stuck God-knows-how-many years in the past.
Benetton- I use to admire them greatly, I could of split my love into two teams ;)
Jordan- Hard to miss a Yellow Jordan
Arrows- My brothers favourite team, I also admired them, besides I loved their orange cars. JOS VERSTAPPEN :thumbup:
Sauber- Another one of my favourite teams, when Kimi first started out with them, it was Mclaren and Sauber I felt most drawn too.
Jordan - Enough said.
the "real" Minardi - If only Mr Mateschitz had listened to the fans when he bought Minardi.
Ligier - The only real French prescence in F1 today is Bourdais. Renault are anglo-french. Back in the days, Ligier were backed by the French government and run by a crazy French rugby player. I had a bit of a soft spot for them too.
Lotus - Enough said.
Brabham - Bernie should go back to running teams, and he was quite at Home with Brabham. Another legend like Lotus.
Scuderia Italia - The Ferrari wannabes. And then Ferrari bizarrely copied their livery... hmmm...
Tyrrell - This classic won't come back because "Uncle Ken" died 7 years ago. :(
Pacific - Another team I had a bit of a soft spot for.
Lola - A classic British manufacturer who this year celebrated their 50th anniversary. Also produced chassis for Larrousse and then Scuderia Italia. And then the dreaded Mastercard livery.
Andrea Moda - Every paddock needs a team to mock and laugh at when they send drivers out on full wets on a scorching, clear and sunny day.
Why didn't you just say you miss every team that is gone? That'd be faster.

We all miss them, but this thread is for the ones we miss the most and those ones happened to be the ones I miss most. ;)

Infact whilst I remember I also miss March/Leyton House. I loved watching the gutsy exploits of Gugelmin and Capelli punching above their weight when I first started watching. And this team is where Newey established himself as a top aerodynamicist.
Last edited by 7UpJordan on 18 Oct 08, 21:14, edited 1 time in total.
I miss Minardi the most, it was always great to see the rare moments they got a point and they partied like it was a win :D

Minardi was also another team I admired, ah the good old days
Jordan - Enough said.
the "real" Minardi - If only Mr Mateschitz had listened to the fans when he bought Minardi.
Ligier - The only real French prescence in F1 today is Bourdais. Renault are anglo-french. Back in the days, Ligier were backed by the French government and run by a crazy French rugby player. I had a bit of a soft spot for them too.
Lotus - Enough said.
Brabham - Bernie should go back to running teams, and he was quite at Home with Brabham. Another legend like Lotus.
Scuderia Italia - The Ferrari wannabes. And then Ferrari bizarrely copied their livery... hmmm...
Tyrrell - This classic won't come back because "Uncle Ken" died 7 years ago. :(
Pacific - Another team I had a bit of a soft spot for.
Lola - A classic British manufacturer who this year celebrated their 50th anniversary. Also produced chassis for Larrousse and then Scuderia Italia. And then the dreaded Mastercard livery.
Andrea Moda - Every paddock needs a team to mock and laugh at when they send drivers out on full wets on a scorching, clear and sunny day.

wow, I don't even know many of those...
:eek:
ok im gonna go for it... Jaguar.
I liked the sexy brisish racing green ok..
They were just about cracking up to be a good team then BAM, they pulled the plug :(

Minardi was my secret fav team. :wink:

See our F1 related articles too!