FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
Spain, 1993. Prost, Senna and Schumacher were the 3 drivers to take the podium that day - arguably the best 3 drivers of all time... It's either this or the 1992 German grand prix, where the podium was Mansell, Senna and Schumacher (i'd go for that one myself :hehe: ).
Prost was better than our Nige.

Mansell was more exciting to watch than Prost and was a terrific racer, nobody can ever take that away from him. Prost, however, whilst driving without too much drama, was very gifted and a better all-round racing driver.

I'm not really sure what's the best podium in Formula 1 history. Out of the drivers I've seen in my time watching the sport, it would have to be scotty's first selection: Senna, Prost, Schumacher/Hakkinen. However, what about other great drivers who raced together? Were Fangio, Ascari and Moss, or Clark, Stewart and Hill ever on the same podium together? Whilst I think Senna, Prost and Schumacher could claim to be the strongest ever line-up, those other guys can't be too far behind.
This maybe not the greatest podium in terms of how good the drivers were... but how about the Nurbergring 1999 =

1st - Herbert
2nd - Trulli
3rd - Barrichello

Talk about mixed up.
On that theme, I thought the podium for Canada 2007 was quite fitting;

1st Hamilton - A well deserved first win after being on the pace all weekend, keeping a cool calm head to survive the multiple safety car periods that can throw strategy out of the window.
2nd Heidfeld - Continuing his fine form from late 2006 onwards and showing that BMW had become a force to reckon with, outpacing even the Ferrari's that weekend. Also drove a clean race to pick up BMW's first podium of the season.
3rd Wurz - A perfect way to celebrate the 10th anniversary of his debut at this very same track, and also a reward for a plucky strategy and being able to preserve his soft tyres for over half the race. 2007 signified Williams making a comeback after the dismal 2006 and after the first safety car period wrecked Rosberg's race, Wurz was there to pick up the pieces.
Belgium 1998

1st - Hill
2nd - R.Schumacher
3rd - Alesi

One of the most action packed grand prix's of the modern era and a very unlikely podium at the end.
Belgium 1998

1st - Hill
2nd - R.Schumacher
3rd - Alesi

One of the most action packed grand prix's of the modern era and a very unlikely podium at the end.

Best of all, not just a Jordan first victory, but a 1-2 as well. :D
what about the latest race of the year Monza 2008

1.S.Vettel
2.H.Kovaleinen
3.R.Kubica

each of these drivers have claimed their 1st victory in 2008 and in a couple of years i think these 3 will be fighting for the world championship.
I found one in contention. Netherlands 1966 - Jack Brabham, Graham Hill, Jim Clark. However I'm looking for one with Jackie Stewart instead of Hill.

I sadly couldn't find one with Fangio, Moss, and Ascari. That would've been the winner.

See our F1 related articles too!