Best battle in history?

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
7UpJordan

Re: Best battle in history?

Postby 7UpJordan »

Ferrarista wrote:
McLaren Fan wrote:
Raider Monkz wrote:I Don't think this is the best battle in history but it's the best battle I have seen; Alonso V Schumacher
Commentary is in Spainsh....I think, i remember watching this and i was in awe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wGtSz1dZIk

That was decent. Those who "watched" it on ITV would remember them going for a break right in the middle of it. :censored:

Those were the days guys, we haven't seen these kind of actions this year :yawn:

Don't tempt fate, they might pull off a stunt like that if the title goes down the wire in Brazil pretty much showing they've got sour grapes over F1 going back to the BBC.
"And Mansell was lucky not to be taken off by that RIDICULOUS bit of driving by Alliot!!" - James Hunt
"AAAAAND into the pitlane..... OHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" - Murray Walker
McLaren Fan

Postby McLaren Fan »

Ferrarista wrote:
McLaren Fan wrote:
Raider Monkz wrote:I Don't think this is the best battle in history but it's the best battle I have seen; Alonso V Schumacher
Commentary is in Spainsh....I think, i remember watching this and i was in awe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wGtSz1dZIk

That was decent. Those who "watched" it on ITV would remember them going for a break right in the middle of it. :censored:

Those were the days guys, we haven't seen these kind of actions this year :yawn:

To be honest, although that was close racing, there was no overtaking or anything, like the Villeneuve-Arnoux battle.
Ayrton Senna: WDC 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991
McLaren: WCC 1974, 1984, 1985, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1998, 1999, 2007
McLaren: WDC 1974, 1976, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1998, 1999, 2008
burt estep

Postby burt estep »

g.v vs r.a. the best bar none.i have in my collection a watch w/the face/picture of the battle/name another so imortalized? my 2nd is the dummy mika pulled on da shu/zonta at spa. burt.
8-ball

Postby 8-ball »

That Villeneuve-Arnoux video was very good. I have only been watching F1 post 1996 so learning about the great drives and drivers of the previous years is really interesting
The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it - Dudley Moore
onelapdown

Postby onelapdown »

I recently downloaded the 1993 British GP and the bit early on when Senna is holding up Prost, with Schumacher bearing down on them, is simply awesome in retrospect. Senna was absolutely DESPERATE to keep Prost behind, and was quite rude at times, but I kept thinking "look at these three, tucked up together. they've got FOURTEEN championships between them!"
Jim Clark, Monza, one lap down...
f1melb

Postby f1melb »

hey first post, loving f1 and have been for the last three years, incidently the number of melbourne gps ive been to
and i was so happy for lewis. way to stick it to the critics.

imo, only reason you dont see battles like that anymore is chances are you'll get penalised. and those cars cost a pretty penny.

although in recent years massa v kubica was pretty knarly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5WsM8MRvHk

no mclaren no penalities i suppose.

senna v mansell from 86 is the most exciting ive seen on my youtube prowling. top shelf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAOTZd27l5w
FOR NUMBER 27

Postby FOR NUMBER 27 »

on youtube villeneuve vs arnoux topgear , vileneuve vs arnoux livertag? , villenuve vs arnoux digione 1979
Clare

Postby Clare »

texasmr2 wrote:
ferrari 08 wrote:shumaker vs. hill :banghead:

Good but not the best and this is coming from a MS fan who witnessed him from his first F1 race until his last F1 race. Some of the best battle's, in my era, were between Prost, Senna, Mansell and Piquet with a few other's thrown in before their car and strategy went to crap.

:clap: amen to that
Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.
~ Ayrton Senna
geetface9
Favourite Driver: Mark Webber
Favourite Team: Ferrari

Postby geetface9 »

:censored: I can't watch any of these any more thanks to copyrights and closed accounts, etc. ............. :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:
Not bad for a #2 driver
LewEngBridewell
DD owns my a$$
Favourite Team: McLaren

Postby LewEngBridewell »

Remember that great fight between Michael Schumacher and Fernando Alonso in the dying stages of the 2005 San Marino GP? British viewers went ballistic when ITV inserted an ad-break 3 laps from the end. :rolleyes:
Race wins:181Drivers' titles:12Constructors' titles:8
Fantasy F1 Team = Bridewell Palace Racing
madbrad

Postby madbrad »

Wasn't there one between Kimi and Louise in 07 where they kept swapping the lead because they kept sliding off? I really can't remember anything anymore.
In any case the GV vs RA battle is still better.
sent from my supercray using assembler.

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!
LewEngBridewell
DD owns my a$$

Postby LewEngBridewell »

madbrad wrote:Wasn't there one between Kimi and Louise in 07 where they kept swapping the lead because they kept sliding off? I really can't remember anything anymore.

Do you not mean Spa '08, when the rain fell towards the race's end? They slid around, and swapped the lead, which was an immense battle until Kimi crashed on the run up to the bus-stop chicane.

Unfortunately, that battle is overshadowed by what happened AFTER the race. :(
Race wins:181Drivers' titles:12Constructors' titles:8
Fantasy F1 Team = Bridewell Palace Racing
scotty
Favourite Driver: My GCSE Chemistry Teacher John Driver

Postby scotty »

Maybe not 'best in history' but damn entertaining.

[youtube]pd04EsBP0t8[/youtube]
Rising number one of Formula 1, Juan - Juan, one wonders should Juan only win one Formula 1 one year, would Juan have won that one in round one, Juan??
bud
Shrub
Favourite Driver: Ayrton Senna, Lewis Hamilton

Postby bud »

Those were the days.
andrew
I disagree

Postby andrew »

Those were the days indeed.