FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
Spa 2011! The reason? Dry race! :yikes:

I can think of another reason. :wink:

Vettel's first win at the greatest track of course. :D

There was no doubt it was an excellent race. So have most this season. :)
By GRHinPorts
Can I just mention Nurburgring 1995 and Suzuka 2005?

Both races see thrilling come from behind wins by Schuey and Kimi alike with great moves made right at the death of the Grand Prix. You know a race is good when the commentator completely calls the wrong winner as a certainty barring mechanical failure so close to the end.
Dijon '79?

Donnington (92?)

Though he was troubled in qualifying, and during the race, Schumachers last drive of his first career in Brazil was brilliant.

Moss? Don't even remember the race but he had a little syncope on the last corner (intense heat).

DePaillier (76?) at Monaco?

Too many choices.

-Rick
By Big Azza
For me this year... Monaco'11 has me the most hyped up I've been in a while. That and Brazil 2008, definitely. :thumbup:

In my books Seb's win there was sooo epic, it's second only to Monza '08. But I don't think many people would rate him for it.

Monaco was also good because of the incidents from one certain driver, Kobayashi's highest finish (equal to Massa's best finish of the season lol) and we also got a quite a show after the race. :clap:

And also... Seb spraying the Monaco Guard. :hehe:

Speaking of 2008, we also had Canada... that was a good race. :)
By scotty
I really enjoyed Monaco this year cause i was watching it at a motorsport event in a room full of people shouting... pretty good atmosphere. But it wasn't even the best race this season... :confused:

Speaking of '08... Silverstone and Monaco were good races too. :hehe: Silverstone was relentless action, i think every single car including Hamilton went off the track at some point, and Monaco was pretty action packed too! Shame Kubica didn't get the win he deserved there but still a good race.

Another good race from the past was Japan '94 with Hill and Schumacher going at it under aggregate timing in horrendous conditions. Brilliant drive by Damon.

I'd probably have to pick Monaco '96 or Belgium '98 as my best race ever though.
By GRHinPorts
Can I just mention Nurburgring 1995 and Suzuka 2005?

Both races see thrilling come from behind wins by Schuey and Kimi alike with great moves made right at the death of the Grand Prix. You know a race is good when the commentator completely calls the wrong winner as a certainty barring mechanical failure so close to the end.

In addition to these two I would add Hungary 2006, Nurburgring 1999 and 2007, Silverstone 2003, China 2007, 2009, 2010 & 2011.
Dijon '79 , Monaco , Spain '81 Imola '83 , Montreal '83 , Dutch '83, Italian '88 Jerez '97 even though are team lost are driver
won . When you watch the pass in Jerez you can overlap it with Dijon '79
BAHRAIN 2011!!!!!!!!! HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!

Hell yeah. That was just an amazing race!! I was literally pissing myself with excitement. 8-)
By andrew

Hell yeah. That was just an amazing race!! I was literally pissing myself with excitement. 8-)

I must have missed it.

I must have missed it.

How come? It was the first race of the season mate!! :eek:

See our F1 related articles too!