FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
Glorious victory for Les Habs! I am sure Mr. Lauda had a great time.

Sebastien Vettel 6th? And no Moss, no Clark, no Hamilton? Who complied the list? Well I guess these lists can only ever be subjective. And I believe the list was complied before Hamilton got his second championship. Maybe that would have made a difference as I can see no reason for putting Vettel 6th other than being affected by his 4 championships and not looking a little deaper.

I personally would also take issue with Schumacher being second, but unlike the Vettel placing, I can see how someone would place him there

Agree with the number one.
Vettel ranked above the Fonzo and Hamilton not even in the list despite beating the Fonz in equal machinery in his rookie year...hahahahahahhahahaha the idiots these days qualified to write articles.
But its not the idiots these days writing bad articles

This was written almost 2 years ago and is not current

Why would anyone choose an old top 10 to post???

Maybe a music chart from 3 years ago could tell us something, I dont see many idiots posting old top 10 music charts and forgetting to mention the date, or cutting out all references to the date :yikes:

It would be like a top 10 of F1 Mea Culpas that misses out MS designing engines, actually thats a great idea for a poll :twisted:
Senna would have owned him. That's just my opinion . I bet there'd have been some great battles along the way.
I'd disagree...Schumy while being a pro at politicking in the team and getting it on his side had some serious skills too. Preferential treatment or not, some of his performances were amazing. One such which comes to mind was his feat in keeping the lead while being stuck in 5th gear in Barcelona, can't recall which year. And his wet weather skill, his speed. The only driver I had a lot of respect for as an anti-fan. And if you take into account Senna was very outspoken off track which no doubt helped his legend status, and the nature of his death....its easier to big up Senna and discount Schumacher. These two were fantastic rivals in their own right, it was a shame Senna was out of the scene before Schumacher reached his peak.
I was never keen on Schumacher, but his success cannot be denied. For me it comes down to outrageous natural talent verses metronomic attention to detail. For Me the natural talent wins out everytime, and that's why I pick Senna.
First of all, racechick, you're spot on the money, in saying that ANY list is subjective.

Secondly, the list was posted 9 months, NOT 3 years ago, as has been suggested, all
it takes is a the time to click on the link to discover that.
, Daniel MacDonald wrote:">10 Greatest F1 Drivers to Ever Race10 Greatest F1 Drivers to Ever Race

By Daniel MacDonald in FORMULA 1 9 months ago

As for "why" I'd post it, I found the information and opinions of Daniel MacDonald
to be worthy of discussion. We don't have to agree with everything he says; but,
then again, that's understandable since there is always a subjectivity to any list
that can't be ignored.
Doesnt matter if its 9 months old or 9 years old, its NOT CURRENT or UP TODATE as it misses out a whole season, and by not pointing that its not current you are implying it is - dishonesty again

Take this article - written 6 months ago, everything is current except it doesnt mention that Ferrari are now the fastest team at Jerez testing, if I removed the date and the last paragraph...well i wouldnt because twisting the truth to lamely argue points wouldnt make me feel I have achieved anything

http://f1pulse.com/news/2014081212/five-reasons-why-ferrari-is-the-worst-team-of-2014

If you are looking for the worst team of the 2014 season, don’t look at the constructors’ championship and pick the last team in the table. Instead, that label should be applied to a team that should have been consistently battling for podiums this season if not race wins. Here’s why Ferrari is arguably the most wasteful team on the current grid:

1. BIG BUDGETS, BIG FAILURES

Ferrari has repeatedly featured as one of the teams that spend the most every year in the development of its cars but neither can money buy happiness nor results. In 2013, the Italian outfit reportedly spent £250 million; that’s £14.5 million more than Red Bull, which won 13 of the 19 races last year including nine in a row. Ferrari, in contrast, won two. This year, it has two measly podiums in 11 races. One can safely assume that Ferrari has spent more than £1 billion over the last five years for a total of 11 wins, less than the number of times Sebastian Vettel stood on the top step of the podium in 2013 alone.

2. SIX DECADES OF EXPERIENCE

Ferrari is the oldest team on the team grid, having competed in the Formula One championship since its inception in 1950. But its heritage and legacy have amounted to nothing in a little over five and a half seasons now. Surely if there’s one unit that can run a Formula One team, it has to be Ferrari. Not!

3. CHAMPION DRIVERS STRUGGLING

And if Ferrari can bask in any sort of success in those barren five and a half seasons, those reasons can solely be attributed to Fernando Alonso. The Spaniard has been fighting more with his car than his rivals to eke out any performance the dud Italian machines can produce. It’s only with Alonso’s efforts that Ferrari has hung on to third place in the championship so far this season. Kimi Raikkonen, meanwhile, has struggled to come to terms with the ill-handling challenger. Ferrari made the Finn a champion in 2007 and now it’s likely that it will end his career too.

4. FACTORY ADVANTAGE SQUANDERED

Mercedes ensured that its factory status is fully optimised and is bearing the fruits of its labour this season, with a car that’s at least a second – if not more - quicker than its rivals. The German manufacturer integrated its power unit and chassis well enough to carve that advantage. Ferrari, meanwhile, is battling with Red Bull, which has admitted - and accepted by Renault - that it’s handicapped with a power unit that wasn’t specifically designed for the defending champions. Even Williams, who scored only five points last year, is threatening Ferrari this season.

5. NO CLEAR PLAN FOR THE FUTURE

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo’s ambitions to join Italian politics and his recent reported efforts in Italian airline Alitalia clearly spell out that there’s lack of focus at the top. No wonder that di Montezemolo has been so blinded by these activities, that he can’t see the racing has been phenomenal this year and has instead resorted to petty criticism of the sport. Furthermore, with Stefano Domenicali stepping down from his role as team principal after just three races into the season suggests Ferrari had no recovery plan for the rest of the campaign and perhaps even for the following year. His replacement Marco Mattiacci is largely an unknown, particularly in the racing fraternity, and his appointment reeks of desperation. The headhunting continues at Ferrari too, with Luca Marmorini leaving Maranello after the current power units failed to deliver. James Allison has been regarded as one hope that could revive Ferrari but he’s more of an aero man working in an engine formula; akin to hiring a dentist for heart surgery.
Doesnt matter if its 9 months old or 9 years old, its NOT CURRENT or UP TODATE as it misses out a whole season, and by not pointing that its not current you are implying it is - dishonesty again

If I remember correctly, 9 months ago, Hamilton/Mercedes were burning up the tracks,
Alonso was obviously not going to be a contender and Vettel was already being beaten
by Ricciardo. Facts that Daniel MacDonald, would probably have taken into consideration.

Yet, this was the list that he posted. A list that he qualified in his article.

As for calling me dishonest, it's getting old that whatever you don't agree with becomes
yet another attack on a forum member.

Personally, I don't assume people can't read/think for themselves. As usual, I posted a link.
Nothing was deleted/edited/hidden as the date was clearly posted right beside the author's
name, thus nothing was dishonest.

You can't blame me, if you chose not to read the article in its entirety.

See our F1 related articles too!